Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 78
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good man!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    2. #42
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      427
      Country Flag: United States

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys!!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    4. #44
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Platte City, MO
      Posts
      44
      Nice build! Glad we got a chance to meet, but you were sure humble about your project and skills. Keep up all the great work and let's get the rides out sometime and let them eat!

      Ron W aka hotwired

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...it-s-all-Buick

      68 Buick GS 400
      74 Buick Apollo Project "GSiX"
      65 Buick Skylark droptop
      Does anyone see a pattern?
      "The truth is everyman dies...Not everyman lives"


    5. #45
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by HotWired View Post
      Nice build! Glad we got a chance to meet, but you were sure humble about your project and skills. Keep up all the great work and let's get the rides out sometime and let them eat!
      Thanks man! Sounds good.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    6. #46
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      OK, now I have lost my mind!! I have been talking to Keith at Custom Works and considering getting his comp rear leafs w/Delrin upper shackle bushings, G2 shocks and SPC upper control arms. I know that might not be alot to some of you but considering the small amount I have spent so far this is a BIG percentage of my build so far. I think it will handle alot better than the stock upper control arms, stock leafs w/blocks and the monroe shocks though. Decisions....decisions.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,635
      Huge congrats man! That is something to be real proud of.
      You did some good work, and did it all yourself.
      Garage builds rule!
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Boston MA
      Posts
      686
      Congrats on keeping it real. Wicked ride.
      1967 #s RS

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Ilove the work done, you did great. You may be able to save by keeping the stock arms but running nice ball joints.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, I bit the bullet and placed an order with Keith at Keiths's Custom Works. Got the SPC upper control arms w/tall ball joints, Comp rear leaf springs w/the upper Delrin bushings and all four Koni Red Shocks.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States
      And you haven't even ran one event yet!!! lol... You've got it bad man!!

      You need to come up with a plan to get a better gear in your car somehow. I see that as a limiting factor once you get the hang of this. A T56 with a 12 bolt and 3:42 gears sounds about right to me.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Ha...ha....it saved a little $ by getting everything all at once. Not sure how soon I will get everything installed though. I like to have the parts ready to go and then when I have time I can grab something and install it. Probably just drive it the way it is for most of the Summer. I still need to get my A/C working and cruise control installed and have some stuff I need to do around the house first. I know my rear end will limit me but I think I can just leave it in 1st for now.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      St. George, Utah
      Posts
      1,629
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome build! Its amazing what a little TLC and some elbow grease can do to a car. Looks fantastic for a budget build!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

      SRD on Facebook

      79 Cutlass wagon build


    15. #55
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    16. #56
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, did my first autocross last weekend. It was a blast! Had some carb problems so had to quit early and miss out on Sunday's run but got the problem fixed by adjusting the float in the carb.
      The rear tires rubbed on the insides around sharp corners but I think I have a fix for that.....Here is all the goodies I have been collecting:
      200 lb rear springs
      Delrin upper shackle bushings
      Koni Red Classic shocks
      G-Braces
      SPC upper control arms
      IROC steering box
      Factory ratcheting shifter
      Aluminum Valve Covers
      Also plan to make some subframe connectors, solid body bushings and a sway bar brace

      I think I need to atleast get the rear springs, delrin bushings and the shocks installed before the next autocross to hopefully stop the rear tire rub

      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    17. #57
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Platte City, MO
      Posts
      44
      Sounds like a great time, I can't wait to join in on the fun. Still working on the car and summer kid activities are about to hit full time.
      Ron W aka hotwired

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...it-s-all-Buick

      68 Buick GS 400
      74 Buick Apollo Project "GSiX"
      65 Buick Skylark droptop
      Does anyone see a pattern?
      "The truth is everyman dies...Not everyman lives"

    18. #58
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Just got the Comp leafs installed w/the Delrin upper bushings, Koni Red shocks all the way around. They made a big difference. Before my rear tires would rub on the insides around corners or slalom but now no rubbing and feels much better.
      I also beefed up the stock shackles and made some leaf spring locators out of some 1/2 steel and some steel rod.
      Still need to get the SPC upper control arms put in. IROC sterring box, G-Braces, solid subframe bushings and subframe connectors but that will have to wait till later.
      The decals make it go faster....they are magnetic BTW.



      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Beaufort,SC
      Posts
      329
      Country Flag: United States
      This is pro touring, you could also add a panhard bar or a watts link to help in the rear. Also do you have sway bars? I'm at work can't se any of the pics.

    20. #60
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      I do have factory sway bars front and rear. It seems like the shocks, springs and delrin upper bushings fixed my rubbing....keeps the rear end from swaying back and forth and body roll.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com