Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Results 201 to 220 of 222
    1. #201
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      297
      Country Flag: United States
      Just got caught up on the build thread and loving what you've put together. I'm getting ready to start on my own 67 conversion from drag car to pro-street... you beat me to the punch on where the car needs to go. Well done!

    2. #202
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States
      Steven, your name caught my eye and I remembered you from my history over on NASIOC. After selling my Subaru last year I've been thinking that there is a 67-69 Camaro build in my future (which brought me to this site and to your build). Your thread here is inspiring to say the least, it's really amazing what you've pulled off in the last few years with this Camaro. Keep up the good work!
      -Ron-



    3. #203
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys for all the kind words! It makes those late sleepless nights seem not so bad.
      Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Outstanding!

      What did you do with the other set of Shockwaves?
      I sold them off awhile ago.. Why are you looking for a set? I have something in the works if your intrested. Pm me about it if you are.

      Quote Originally Posted by cactuss4 View Post
      I just went and looked at some 67's, thinking based on your pictures, just maybe. But nope. Something with your stance, maybe it's the lack of color, the wheels? Something makes it look right. I don't see any other 67's that make me like them as much as this one. Maybe consider going with a Matt paint finish or something when you are done. I can't put my finger on it, but you are doing something right! Keep at it!
      Thanks man. I have thought about it but since I was 15 sitting in that old rusty shell of a car I've had a vision of the car being a bright yellow with black strips.. I have to stick to my plan. You'll have to trust me..

      Quote Originally Posted by Munssey View Post
      Just got caught up on the build thread and loving what you've put together. I'm getting ready to start on my own 67 conversion from drag car to pro-street... you beat me to the punch on where the car needs to go. Well done!
      Thank you. It's crazy what a nice set of wheels and bags will do to a ride. I'm trying hard to put the 67's on the map like vengeance and mayhem did.. Just on a much smaller budget..

      Quote Originally Posted by RonJitsu View Post
      Steven, your name caught my eye and I remembered you from my history over on NASIOC. After selling my Subaru last year I've been thinking that there is a 67-69 Camaro build in my future (which brought me to this site and to your build). Your thread here is inspiring to say the least, it's really amazing what you've pulled off in the last few years with this Camaro. Keep up the good work!
      -Ron-
      Thanks man. That's cool that you remember me. I see your local to the jersey area.. Hope to see you at some cruises or meets.. Actually ill be over at shady brook farms tonight if your around. I still have my sti and she's in daily duty. Post up some pictures when you get something going and if you have any questions or just want to kick the crap feel free to pm me and ill get in touch.
      67 Camaro - LSX454 w/ T56 Magnum

    4. #204
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      IN/MI border
      Posts
      1,920
      Country Flag: United States
      Awsome Steve, keep plugging away! Finally got mine on the road a week ago... as with yours, I still need interior in mine also, but at least we're driving them.

    5. #205
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Its been awhile and not to much to report on the car. Progress has slowed due to my daughter being born, the new house and the major honey-do list. But I did get new cipher euro seats for my birthday and got them installed a bit ago. They are truly the best bang for the buck. Very nice for the price paid. At the end of the summer after the alignment I did notice that there is a slight vibration through the shifter that can be felt in 4th gear at around 40-50. Only really pronounced at that speed though. It significantly reduces after 50 and none in 5th or 6th. Still doing some reading and chasing that at the moment. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also Still need to focus on the interior areas and this winter I want to get the ride sensors installed to help with the return to presets. Other than that ill just be waiting on spring to roll around. Here are some pictures of the seats and installed. Enjoy.








      My old set of corbeau cr1 seats will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested. New covers from corbeau can be had for around 100/piece.
      67 Camaro - LSX454 w/ T56 Magnum

    6. #206
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      How low do those sit compared to stock? Did you buy their brackets? They look great.
      Stephen

    7. #207
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Stephen,
      Not sure how the compare in height to stock seats. I have never had stockers. I would guess a good drop as these sit on my old corbeau brackets and are very tight to the floor. Im 6'2" and have no headroom issues at all. Hope that helps.
      67 Camaro - LSX454 w/ T56 Magnum

    8. #208
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      1,197
      Country Flag: United States
      I'd be interested to know the distance from the floor board to the bottom of the seats. I have Scats seats/mounts right now, and they're quite tall. I'm 5'11" and my hair just barely touch the headliner.

      Thanks.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

    9. #209
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by boostin05blacksti View Post
      Its been awhile and not to much to report on the car. Progress has slowed due to my daughter being born, the new house and the major honey-do list. But I did get new cipher euro seats for my birthday and got them installed a bit ago. They are truly the best bang for the buck. Very nice for the price paid. At the end of the summer after the alignment I did notice that there is a slight vibration through the shifter that can be felt in 4th gear at around 40-50. Only really pronounced at that speed though. It significantly reduces after 50 and none in 5th or 6th. Still doing some reading and chasing that at the moment. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also Still need to focus on the interior areas and this winter I want to get the ride sensors installed to help with the return to presets. Other than that ill just be waiting on spring to roll around. Here are some pictures of the seats and installed. Enjoy.








      My old set of corbeau cr1 seats will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested. New covers from corbeau can be had for around 100/piece.
      look like junk............... ;)





      Great job man, keep me updated on the progress and let me know if you need anything!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    10. #210
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Josh,
      Ill take some triple adjustable shockwaves for the rear, the rear muscle bar, and (2) rideheight sensors...shipped to my house. Tell Brett I'm a highly appreciated customer who deserves this to complete the ridetech catalogue. Ill place as many stickers as need be for this..Haha.. let me know when the tracking number is sent.

      A buddy of mind just picked up a 09 Shelby GT500 and the trash talking has started. I have been on the look out for a set of drag wheels and tires for track duty. I figure now is a good time to buy so come spring I can take it to the 1/4 mile. I find a somewhat local guy selling a set of weld prostars with M/T 28 x 10.5W and I take the hour to meet up last Friday night for the set. Get there and the wheels and tires look to be as advertised. 15x10 welds with a 28 x 10.5W M/T. They look good, tires have life left. Just to check I ask the guy for a tape measure. He goes and grabs one.. I measure and come up with 4.5" of backspacing when I was told they had 5.5". I express my concern for the lack of backspacing, we agree on the price and I'm on my way. On the way home I'm thinking there is no way these are going to fit and ill clean them up and sell them at a later date. I figure when I try to bolt them up the inside of the tire will hit the wheel wells and stop them from going on. I get home after the hour drive and decide I will try to see how far off they are. Here are my findings and comparisons..








      So they bolt on no rubbing issues that I can see. Plenty of room both fender side and wheel well side. The tires do not look that big under there. I actual think I can go bigger. But for the price these will do for now. The only issue I see is that my existing studs are not long enough. I ordered 3" arp studs and the specific weld lug nuts to run the welds. Now my close ended lugs will not work on my forgelines being that the studs will be so long so I had to order open ended lugs for my forgelines. More to come once I get the arp studs in.
      67 Camaro - LSX454 w/ T56 Magnum

    11. #211
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by boostin05blacksti View Post
      Josh,
      Ill take some triple adjustable shockwaves for the rear, the rear muscle bar, and (2) rideheight sensors...shipped to my house. Tell Brett I'm a highly appreciated customer who deserves this to complete the ridetech catalogue. Ill place as many stickers as need be for this..Haha.. let me know when the tracking number is sent.

      A buddy of mind just picked up a 09 Shelby GT500 and the trash talking has started.
      Haha I'll get that coming to you! ....as soon as you give me a credit card number

      and your buddy's a smart man, don't let that GT500 get the best of you!!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    12. #212
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Location
      Jacksonville, Florida
      Posts
      634
      Country Flag: United States
      I seriously like this car! I've read through this a few times, but must have missed it. Who's wheels are you running?
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

      "I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

    13. #213
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      I seriously like this car! I've read through this a few times, but must have missed it. Who's wheels are you running?
      Thanks man. The wheels are forgeline DS3 w/ hidden hardware. 18x9.5 fronts w/ 5.6 backspacing and 18x12 w/ 5.75 backspacing.
      67 Camaro - LSX454 w/ T56 Magnum

    14. #214
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States
      I see you're selling some stuff. You have any updates planned?

    15. #215
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RonJitsu View Post
      I see you're selling some stuff. You have any updates planned?
      Sorry for the late response..yes I do.


      So I figured out after some talks with jegs that weld makes closed end lugs that can be used with the studs I already have. So I ordered them. In other news we had a nice day in January so I took the car out. It started to stumble and the idle was acting up a bit again. Nothing like before but it was bothering me. I called my tuner up and talked to him and started to do some reading. Well many on the forums really have good things to say about the holley efi setup. I started looking around and the Holley HP EFI kit seemed like the best fit for me with the exception that it doesn't accept DBW. So I talked to holley and if I wanted to stay with my current setup id have to step up to there dominator setup. Searched a bit and found a used setup on craigslist. The ecm was brand new in the box but the wiring had been used. So I made a deal and pulled the trigger. I sold off my old setup and pulled everything out and have spent the last week installing the new harness and rewiring everything to look clean. I can say I am very impressed with the system. The user face is so easy it makes me feel like a tuner. I got the car to start two days ago without a tuner to assist me which says a lot. My tuner is coming tomorrow night to put the final tune on it so ill have it ready for this upcoming spring/summer. No dyno time at this point just doing a road tune and some WOT pulls so I can hit the track also. Next up for the car is installing the level sensors for the airride and I have talked to a buddy about notching the rear 4 link bar to make some more room for the car to go lower in rear. Stay tuned..




      I also finally did an actual bolt up of the welds.



      67 Camaro - LSX454 w/ T56 Magnum

    16. #216
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the update! That Holley unit is beautiul

    17. #217
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      4
      The car looks awesome. My hats off to you for all the years of hard work and dedication put into this project.

      Being a 67 Camaro owner myself, I am curious to know......do you drop the air ride suspension when you took these pictures of the car? So many have commented on the stance of your car, which looks amazing.....but I cannot see how the car can be driven on normal bumpy roads with that low of ride height. Your headers must be only 2" from the ground the way the car sits in these pics?
      I know these 1st gen Camaros well, and the headers are always the limiting factor in how low you can go. Unless you do some sort of floor board tunneling.
      Again, the car is amazing, I love it. But just curious if you do raise the car up a bit with the air ride when you drive it.

    18. #218
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States
      I noticed the plate is the same. Is this the same car???


    19. #219
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      I love this car, i see it all over my instagram but I can't find any information on it online. I just was to stare at pictures of his inner guards all day

    20. #220
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Jonesboro, Arkansas
      Posts
      2,506
      Country Flag: United States
      What size were the Cragars you had on at first? Do you still have them? and if so are they for sale? I looked through the thread to see if these questions were already answered but didn't see anything. Might of missed it...

      Thanks,
      Carl

      Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

    Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com