Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 64

    Thread: The C5/10

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Posts
      44
      I love seeing someone designing and doing their own work! Nice job!

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      31
      Thank you!

      I can't take credit for the design though. I did the reverse engineering of the stock chassis and my good friend Adam from Skoons Hot Rods (https://www.facebook.com/Skoons-Hot-...38635269525594) did the design work. Those guys have built some bad ass hotrods and some of the fastest pro-touring cars out there.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      435
      Country Flag: United States
      When this is all done, you and Loud and Proud should meet up. He's building his own chassis/suspension for his OBS longbed. lol

      Jay

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool project
      Keep up the good work!
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      579
      Country Flag: United States

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      3
      Country Flag: United States
      This is an awesome build I cant wait to see how it turns out. I have been researching the same thing for my c10. Is there anyway you would share your Cad designs and or you or the shop that helped within reason sell a copy of mounting plans?

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      31
      Well life has been crazy and this post is a few weeks late (ok, a few months late) but I was able to get the cab on the chassis! I have the C5 oil pan swapped onto the 5.3 and just about ready to try to fit it to see how much of the firewall I need to cut out. Hopefully I can get to that within the next few weekends.


    8. #8
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,862
      Country Flag: United States
      Great work.

      Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      579
      Country Flag: United States

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      195
      Country Flag: United States

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      6
      Amazing work.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States
      Is the frame design something you did? What cad system you using? Great work.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    13. #13
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Posts
      159
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice frame design!
      What company did you use to laser cut all of your brackets?
      Brian P

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      31
      Here are some photos of progress below. We recently took the truck to my good buddy's shop for it to get finished up (work/life have gotten too crazy to give me enough time to devote to it and I refuse to let it go unfinished). He is the mastermind behind the chassis/c5 idea and I wouldn't trust anyone else to work on this thing. I got the truck to the point of a rolling chassis (with his help along the way of course) and he is taking the lead from here. The plan is for him to get it running/driving then it will probably come back to my shop to get finished up (unless plans change...again lol). I hope to be involved in as many aspects as possible without getting in their way lol. If you want to follow along for more frequent updates, his facebook page is linked here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057228319606. I will still post updates here every so often, but his Facebook will have updates more frequently.

      Name:  c10_no_firewall.jpg
Views: 1652
Size:  213.6 KBName:  c10-gen5-diff.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  88.0 KBName:  c10-roller-back.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  25.5 KBName:  c10-roller-front.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  55.8 KB

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Posts
      95
      Wow. What a ambitious build. The time it must of took to research, “draw up and fit/weld is a testament to your desire to do it yourself. GREAT JOB !

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Excellent progress!

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Posts
      95
      This is a awesome build. Great craftsmanship.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      3
      Any news on the truck? Still curious if you would sell the design for someone to make one or if you would build a second frame for someone to purchase

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      31
      Truck is still a work in progress. Very slow progress, but progress none the less. The design/frame is currently not for sale, but may be some day (not by me though). I will post some updated pictures soon once more visual progress is made.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      31
      Hey Everyone! It has been a while. The truck is still in progress and here are some updated photos. We are working on getting the firewall completed, the exhaust routed, and the cage installed. Next on the to-do list is sorting out the steering and fuel tank/cell. Also started reverse engineering some of the stock interior components so we can make some new ones that will fit with all of the modifications we are making, yet still look "stock". Hope to get back to posting updates more frequently, but I make no promises lol!

      Name:  IMG_20240711_210904.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  328.4 KBName:  IMG_20240810_210715.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  267.3 KBName:  IMG_20240810_210717.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  275.3 KBName:  IMG_20240810_210720.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  291.0 KB Name:  20240628_175052.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  502.4 KBName:  20240712_161917.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  165.2 KB

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com