Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 33
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      1,607
      Country Flag: United States

      Enthusify Feedback

      Guys - like the forum and idea of quick sell/multiple listings. There are a couple of quirks in the system:

      Mostly related to 'buy it now', if I list my stuff on multiple sites and it sells on another site there is a potentail to have two buyers committed or paid for the same item. This happened and Enthusify processed a PT member's refund efficiently. I do not know how long that'll take, however. Second issue/same topic, unless I'm doing it wrong the seller is required to put in a shipping amount. Not a bad idea but we have Canadian members on the board and shipping is not easily calculated; buy it now happens and then a conversation needs to take place. Fortunately the buyer (thumbs up to Craig @ Coburn Performance) realized the issue and made it right, but what if another buyer is not so understanding?

      My .02
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

      Used to be known as flash911

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for this great feedback.

      The first issue you describe is known as the "multi channel" issue in the marketplace space. This means that sellers often list items for sale in multiple channels... forums, craigslist, ebay.... In order to help address this issue, the marketplace will soon start sending email reminders to sellers for live listings in order to encourage them to mark their item as sold if it sold in another channel.

      And, as you experienced, if a buyer buys an item through Enthusify and the item has been sold in another channel, Enthusify refunds the money upon confirmation from the buyer and seller that occurred.

      Shipping - At present, a seller can just enter a flat shipping amount. We have seen some sellers indicate in their listing that the shipping amount only covers shipping to certain countries and to message the seller in other cases. We do have a more sophisticated shipping tool coming in a few weeks to dynamically handle the shipping price.

      Thanks for the feedback. Please keep the input coming and we'll keep enhancing the system.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Washington, MO
      Posts
      2,363
      Ok my item just sold to what seems like a bogus buyer...

      To me this gives the seller less control and our items are just thrown out across the board all over the place. No, I really dont want to list my parts for sale on facebook etc. I'm skeptical as it seems like this is just ripe for scammers to disrupt the sale of my stuff.

      I'm not sure I understand the point... I'm capable of listing my items where I want them and dealing with the buyer/seller on a personal basis..

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
      Ok my item just sold to what seems like a bogus buyer... To me this gives the seller less control and our items are just thrown out across the board all over the place. No, I really dont want to list my parts for sale on facebook etc. I'm skeptical as it seems like this is just ripe for scammers to disrupt the sale of my stuff. I'm not sure I understand the point... I'm capable of listing my items where I want them and dealing with the buyer/seller on a personal basis..
      Within minutes of the invalid data entered, our team got in touch with you. To be clear, you chose not to use Pro-Touring's embedded payment processing. You chose to process the payment outside Pro-Touring. That allowed a seller to enter this as his info:
      Buyer name: xcccc
      Buyer email: [email protected]
      Phone: cccc
      Ship to:
      123 abc
      la, ca 91604
      United States



      In this case, the marketplace support team is able to relist your item. This seems more like someone testing the system than a scammer/spammer.

      If you use Pro-Touring's payment protection, a buyer must enter valid payment information in order to buy an item.

      This is the first time we have seen this. We will closely monitor to see if we need to make improvements to the option that allows a seller to collect payment on his own. The city and zip indicated are for Studio City, Los Angeles, CA.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Washington, MO
      Posts
      2,363
      I understand working bugs out in the system.. I don't want to accept Paypal due to fee's and really don't want to be hit with any credit card 'processing' fees... so that is why I declined that, its a large ticket item.

      Good luck with the system, I think I just like posting things for sale the old fashioned way.. just my .02.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Greenwood SC
      Posts
      439
      Country Flag: United States
      I can't wait 2 weeks to get paid for a item that sells.....Thats why we sell stuff because we need money NOW not in 14 days

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by jeremy30thz View Post
      I can't wait 2 weeks to get paid for a item that sells.....Thats why we sell stuff because we need money NOW not in 14 days
      You definitely don't have to wait 14 days. When a buyer purchases your item, we encourage the buyer to notify Enthusify when the transaction is complete so that Enthusify can transfer the funds sooner than 14 days. As a seller, you can ship your item quickly and ask/remind the buyer to notify Enthusify. I am happy to report that most buyers DO notify Enthusify to transfer funds sooner than 14 days.

      And... using the marketplace tools can help you sell faster!

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Greenwood SC
      Posts
      439
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by enthusify View Post
      You definitely don't have to wait 14 days. When a buyer purchases your item, we encourage the buyer to notify Enthusify when the transaction is complete so that Enthusify can transfer the funds sooner than 14 days. As a seller, you can ship your item quickly and ask/remind the buyer to notify Enthusify. I am happy to report that most buyers DO notify Enthusify to transfer funds sooner than 14 days.

      And... using the marketplace tools can help you sell faster!
      In my past experience if a buyer has 14 days they will wait the full 14 days to pay and I really don't want to bug the buyer about paying for a item. I think you should give the seller the option to only accept instant payment when somebody hits the buy it now like you can do on auction sites

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by jeremy30thz View Post
      In my past experience if a buyer has 14 days they will wait the full 14 days to pay and I really don't want to bug the buyer about paying for a item. I think you should give the seller the option to only accept instant payment when somebody hits the buy it now like you can do on auction sites
      It sounds like there might be some confusion about how the payment protection service works. The buyer has already made a full, verified payment at the point you, the seller, get a notification that your item sold. The buyer doesn't have any incentive to withhold the money from the seller once he receives the item, or has evidence the item is on its way.

      Here is how the system works.

      Step 1: List an item for sale here: https://www.pro-touring.com/classifieds.php

      Step 2: Choose how you want the buyer's payment to be transferred to you.

      Name:  Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 10.24.13 AM.png
Views: 469
Size:  13.2 KB

      Step 3: A buyer buys the item with a debit or credit card.

      Step 4: The buyer's payment is verified and held by Enthusify.

      Step 5: The buyer notifies Enthusify that the transaction is complete.

      Step 6: Enthusify transfers the buyer's money to the seller.

      There is an alternate choice. As a seller, you can choose to collect payment on your own. You can list an item for sale and if a buyer hits the "Buy Now!" button on your listing, the buyer will enter his information and the system will send you an email letting you know it is time to coordinate the collection of a payment from the buyer.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Greenwood SC
      Posts
      439
      Country Flag: United States
      I guess it has changed some since I listed my item for sale...I will have to try it again, thanks for the info

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      1,571
      Country Flag: United States
      Is the Enthusify system staying as the required way to sell on the forum? just curious as it is in place longer than the 14 day trial posted by Larry in the for sale area.

      Personally I don't like the system and have held off listing some items for sale because of it. I don't want my payment controlled by them, them taking a cut, plus it's just more of a "pia"... just my $.02
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
      1967 Corvette L79 convertible
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible


    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68sixspeed View Post
      I don't want my payment controlled by them, them taking a cut
      Have you tried listing an item for sale? You are not required to use the included payment processing. You can chose to handle payment outside the system. Give it a try. Chose "none" in Step 2 if you want to collect payment on your own.

      Name:  Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 10.24.13 AM.png
Views: 413
Size:  13.2 KB

      The 14 day buyer protection period is the feature that buyers value the most about the system. Most sellers get their money in well under 14 days. Enthusify asks buyers to give notice when the transaction is complete so that Enthusify can transfer the funds ASAP. More than half the buyers give this notification.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Metamora, Illinois
      Posts
      1,619
      Quote Originally Posted by 68sixspeed View Post
      ...Personally I don't like the system and have held off listing some items for sale because of it. I don't want my payment controlled by them, them taking a cut, plus it's just more of a "pia"... just my $.02
      My thoughts exactly, so to get around it I just won't list items here anymore...



    14. #14
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      1,607
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68sixspeed View Post
      Is the Enthusify system staying as the required way to sell on the forum? just curious as it is in place longer than the 14 day trial posted by Larry in the for sale area.

      Personally I don't like the system and have held off listing some items for sale because of it. I don't want my payment controlled by them, them taking a cut, plus it's just more of a "pia"... just my $.02
      Quote Originally Posted by rocketrod View Post
      My thoughts exactly, so to get around it I just won't list items here anymore...
      I don't disagree w you guys, but now that we know you do not have to accept payment through them it seems like you could just use the 'none 'option above and request Paypal in the body of the ad. You'd get paid like always and Enthusify would not get in the middle of your transaction.
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

      Used to be known as flash911

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Metamora, Illinois
      Posts
      1,619
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron.in.SoCal View Post
      I don't disagree w you guys, but now that we know you do not have to accept payment through them it seems like you could just use the 'none 'option above and request Paypal in the body of the ad. You'd get paid like always and Enthusify would not get in the middle of your transaction.
      For me this falls into the, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" category. The original way of listing items was just easier and I never had any issues with sellers.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Nashville/ Tampa
      Posts
      730
      Country Flag: United States
      Don't see much point in using it either, introducing middlemen and making the classifieds into an ebay-lite is working backwards. I will not list or buy anything with enthusify, which is fine because there are always ls1tech and other similar sites.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/


      Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Greenwood SC
      Posts
      439
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok so I really tried to like the new system but I honestly hate it..... I had 4 things to post and gave up after the first one and on that one I don't get email notifications when somebody replies even though it says its set for instant notification.... When I tried to post my 2nd listing from my iPad it puts the wrong picture even though I choose the right one. I will start buying and selling stuff here when they go back to the old way.....maybe there is a reason every other forum does it the old way

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      8
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by enthusify View Post
      It sounds like there might be some confusion about how the payment protection service works. The buyer has already made a full, verified payment at the point you, the seller, get a notification that your item sold. The buyer doesn't have any incentive to withhold the money from the seller once he receives the item, or has evidence the item is on its way.

      Here is how the system works.

      Step 1: List an item for sale here: https://www.pro-touring.com/classifieds.php

      Step 2: Choose how you want the buyer's payment to be transferred to you.

      Name:  Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 10.24.13 AM.png
Views: 469
Size:  13.2 KB

      Step 3: A buyer buys the item with a debit or credit card.

      Step 4: The buyer's payment is verified and held by Enthusify.

      Step 5: The buyer notifies Enthusify that the transaction is complete.

      Step 6: Enthusify transfers the buyer's money to the seller.

      There is an alternate choice. As a seller, you can choose to collect payment on your own. You can list an item for sale and if a buyer hits the "Buy Now!" button on your listing, the buyer will enter his information and the system will send you an email letting you know it is time to coordinate the collection of a payment from the buyer.
      How do I know when "step 6" has been completed ???
      I sold something, been more then 14 days and I dont see my money anywhere.

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith4153 View Post
      How do I know when "step 6" has been completed ???
      I sold something, been more then 14 days and I dont see my money anywhere.
      I just sent you a PM. Our records show we are current on all payment transfers to Pro-Touring sellers. Please contact me if there are any support / payment issues. [email protected] / 1 (424) 272-0291

      UPDATE: I just confirmed that Enthusify transferred the scheduled payment via PayPal, as requested, on 11/19/12. I have the transaction id if you need more detail.
      Last edited by enthusify; 11-21-2012 at 05:25 PM.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Nothern California
      Posts
      259
      Country Flag: United States
      Can I sale an item the old way just list on the site and sale WITHOUT enthusify. I am NOT enthused about this change. It is a PITA and I will not be selling here again.
      Guy S.

      68 Camaro LS1, T56, Forgeline WC3
      69 El Camino BBC 4spd A/C Cruise SOLD
      2012 Dodge Crewcab Diesel 4x4

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com