Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 10 of 10
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Amherst, OH
      Posts
      524
      Country Flag: United States

      Newb with some Firebird projects!

      Hey everyone! I'm going to have a '68 Firebird build up in the near future, and I'd like to take it a pro-touring route, so I was referred to this site by CodeRed. Deffinatly liking what I'm seeing so far!

      Right now I have a Chevy Colorado (how I know CodeRed) that I've done alot to over the years. I've been a full time body man for the past 7-8 years, and have been in the business since I was 14. LOVE doing this kind of work on cars, but I don't want to do it as a career for the rest of my life, so I went to college for Air Traffic Control and just graduated in August. Now I'm just waiting to get hired by the FAA...

      My parents have a completed '68 Firebird coupe right now, but they just picked up a '69 Firebird Convertible project that I will likely be doing 95% of the work on, since anything above changing an air filter or a light bulb is WELL outside of my dad's skill level. hahaha I'll throw a thread up in the appropriate section, but once I have the means, they're going to sell me the '68 coupe, and I'll quickly be tearing into that to make it my own!

      Here are a few shots of my Colorado...

      The way it was...




      The way it is now...hehe



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Dayton Ohio
      Posts
      1,283

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Amherst, OH
      Posts
      524
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
      told ya it was nice over here
      Yes you did!

      I'm just amazed at how much money people on this site invest in these pro-touring cars! I'm trying to do what THEY do for a living! hahaha

      Though, none of these builds are happening overnight, most are over the course of a few years, so that makes it alot easier to spend a little bit at a time. That's where I'll be with the 68 once I get it, but I don't think I'm going to go ALL OUT with it like some of the builds on here, as much as I'd like to!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      very nice truck and i like it in the 4x4 stance better..but code reds pics are usually better on the eyes..lol..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Amherst, OH
      Posts
      524
      Country Flag: United States
      I take it he posted the pics with his lady friend posing on the truck on this site too? hahaha

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Dayton Ohio
      Posts
      1,283
      Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
      I take it he posted the pics with his lady friend posing on the truck on this site too? hahaha

      lol yeah I did



    8. #8
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,635
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
      lol yeah I did
      And we thank you greatly for it!!
      Josue, If you want to add some pics with a model on your red truck, we will be eager to give you some feedback.
      Please, by all means, get your model to pose in a seat, on the hood, fender, bed, tailgate; really anywhere you can imagine. We will give you some honest feedback....
      Welcome to the site BTW, nice truck!

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Amherst, OH
      Posts
      524
      Country Flag: United States
      LOL, I don't think the old lady will go for that!

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Dayton Ohio
      Posts
      1,283
      Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
      LOL, I don't think the old lady will go for that!
      well you just don't tell her that duh lol




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com