Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Results 141 to 160 of 302

    Thread: '66 PT Chevelle

    1. #141
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      203
      damn this is a really sweet velle! great job
      Nelson
      Pro Touring 1970 Buick Stage2

    2. #142
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Harriman, Tennessee
      Posts
      1,310
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      It's back from the upholstery shop. They installed carpet, a headliner, and made floor mats. I have to go back next week to pick up the roll bar pads. Before I can install the passenger side seat, I need to get the windows tinted. I also have to find the trim pieces that hold the headliner to the top of the windshield frame and back glass frame. If anyone knows where I can get these two pieces (or at least a picture so I know what to look for), I'd really appreciate a point in the right direction!
      There is a VERY nice salvage yard near Culpepper, VA called Leon's. They have a bunch of old stuff, and thus might have the parts you need. I will probably be going there in the next week or so if you'd like me to look for you.

      Shiny Side Up!
      Bill
      "You can never go home again, Oatman...


      But I guess you can shop there."

    3. #143
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      99

      Trim pieces

      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      It's back from the upholstery shop. They installed carpet, a headliner, and made floor mats. I have to go back next week to pick up the roll bar pads. Before I can install the passenger side seat, I need to get the windows tinted. I also have to find the trim pieces that hold the headliner to the top of the windshield frame and back glass frame. If anyone knows where I can get these two pieces (or at least a picture so I know what to look for), I'd really appreciate a point in the right direction!





      I believe i picked up my pieces for my 66 Chevelle through Original Parts Group. 1-800-243-8355. If you have any more questions give me a call.


      Randy (D&Z Customs LLC.)
      1-262-347-9741
      [email protected]



    4. #144
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RJ66 View Post
      I believe i picked up my pieces for my 66 Chevelle through Original Parts Group. 1-800-243-8355. If you have any more questions give me a call.


      Randy (D&Z Customs LLC.)
      1-262-347-9741
      [email protected]
      Are you referring to the plastic trim pieces? I should have been more clear, apparently there are metal strips that screw on to the edge at the top of the windshield and the back glass which the plastic trim pieces clip on. I've been checking the resto places online (Year One, NPD, etc) and it's looking like the parts I need aren't reproduced.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    5. #145
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      I think the interior is finally finished. What do you think?



      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    6. #146
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Big Stone Gap, Virginia
      Posts
      176

      Wow!!

      Looks great Herb!! Can't wait to see it in person! You going to the RRTH this fall with it?


      Mark
      Ability is not being able to do something once or twice.Ability is being able to perform upon demand!!

    7. #147
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      very nice man
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    8. #148
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      St Joe, Mo
      Posts
      274
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice man, really nice.
      Ryan
      1969 X11 Camaro- Peelin paint, rust, the whole works

    9. #149
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      sandy oregon
      Posts
      95
      Herb looks really good hope your enjoying it. been trying to find the time to work on my 67 but been hard at work on customer cars and spending time w/my son hes 2 months old. hopefully ill find some time this weekend

    10. #150
      Join Date
      Jan 2002
      Location
      Italy
      Posts
      746
      Cool Herb! way to go!
      Have Fun!
      André

      2009 Chrysler 300C Touring.
      3.0 liter V6 diesel, five speed auto, black with light grey leather.
      1968 Chevelle Coupe.
      355cid, Viper T56, Corvette C4 IRS (Dana 44) and Corvette C4 IFS with Porsche 6piston Brembo's.
      1980 Chevy Van (shortie G10).
      355cid, TH350, 8.5" 10bolt posi and Belltech spindles.
      2000 BMW 540i Wagon. (FOR SALE €7K)
      4.4 liter V8, six speed manual, lowered and with Bilstein B8's, silver with black leather.
      2001 Ford Focus Wagon.
      1.8 liter turbo diesel, and a whoppin 90HP.:bsjerk:
      1968 Benelli Motorella
      foldable 50c scooter to go in a car trunk.
      2x '90s Yamaha TZR 2stroke bikes.
      one 125cc one cylinder and one will be 350cc two cylinder.

    11. #151
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Morehead City, NC
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      I think the interior is finally finished. What do you think?



      The interior really turned out nice. I'm still battling with the decision on my rollbar. I think your setup will pass ECTA tech with no problem. Wish you could swing the Motor State deal in June.
      Mike

    12. #152
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Tig Man View Post
      Looks great Herb!! Can't wait to see it in person! You going to the RRTH this fall with it?

      Mark
      Hey thanks Mark! My plan is to have this at RRTH. I've still got some bugs to work out, but I'm confident it'll be ready by September.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    13. #153
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by lh_kustoms View Post
      Herb looks really good hope your enjoying it. been trying to find the time to work on my 67 but been hard at work on customer cars and spending time w/my son hes 2 months old. hopefully ill find some time this weekend
      Thanks! I've had it on the road a few times so far and based on early indications, it's going to be a lot of fun! Right now I'm in the process of adjusting the pinion angle; I think I'm almost there. The next big thing is to get the hood and trunk painted!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    14. #154
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      The interior really turned out nice. I'm still battling with the decision on my rollbar. I think your setup will pass ECTA tech with no problem. Wish you could swing the Motor State deal in June.
      Mike
      Thanks Mike. Overall I'm happy with the interior though the floor mats the shop made were pretty shabby IMO. The mats that are in there now came from Carol's GLK 350, amazingly they fit perfect!

      It would be nice if ECTA approved my bar/seat/harness system. I'd really like to see what the top end on this thing is!

      June won't work for me. I have to be at my new duty station on 12 June and we still haven't sold our current house. Until that's sold we really can't do anything. It never fails, whenever we need to sell a house, the market takes a dump!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    15. #155
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Morehead City, NC
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Thanks Mike. Overall I'm happy with the interior though the floor mats the shop made were pretty shabby IMO. The mats that are in there now came from Carol's GLK 350, amazingly they fit perfect!

      It would be nice if ECTA approved my bar/seat/harness system. I'd really like to see what the top end on this thing is!

      June won't work for me. I have to be at my new duty station on 12 June and we still haven't sold our current house. Until that's sold we really can't do anything. It never fails, whenever we need to sell a house, the market takes a dump!

      I'm sure the house will go soon. On the ECTA, just go to tech and act fat,dumb and happy. Your setup is done real close to 100 percent right. Hopefully they will allow you to do both your 125 and 150 licensing runs. 150 and above is where the 5 point rule is strict. They basically told me they knew my car was gonna go 175 so I had to meet that requirement before running again. They are very fair and only want to be sure all the drivers are safe.
      Mike

    16. #156
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok guys, here it is with the new paint...






      Since I changed the valve covers, I have to include an engine pic...




      Oh what the hell, here's a shot of the interior too...



      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    17. #157
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Thehoodstock,GA
      Posts
      793
      Country Flag: United States
      Dang man. You should warn somebody before you post pictures like that.
      I nearly fell out of my chair!
      Talk to you later......I've got to look at those pics again.
      MarkK

    18. #158
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by BossaNova View Post
      Dang man. You should warn somebody before you post pictures like that.
      I nearly fell out of my chair!
      Talk to you later......I've got to look at those pics again.
      LOL! Thanks!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    19. #159
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Modesto, Ca
      Posts
      24
      Great looking car! Very tastefully done
      Justin
      1968 Camaro, 377, 4spd, P.T. project
      2006 TBSS, Borla, Kooks, Volant, and tuned - Daily driver

    20. #160
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      189
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome!
      '70 Camaro
      '75 Camaro
      '66 Chevelle 'vert

      Jason

    Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com