Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: 1966 GTO new project
-
10-04-2024 #1
Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2024
- Posts
- 4
1966 GTO new project
Hello,
I am starting on a 1966 GTO with my dad. Paint/bodywork and interior/wiring is complete and was done by a local shop.
I have started ordering parts for drivetrain, suspension, brakes etc to take the rest of the car apart over the winter months. The plan for the car is to be able to get in a drive anywhere, it will take some abuse if we did want to track the car one day etc. It will get an LS (not sure which exact motor yet). Unsure if we will buy a pulled motor and throw a cam in it or buy a crate with a warranty. Prior to this I have only done basic maintenance/repairs work on cars and trucks, but I am looking forward to tearing into the project and learning as I go.
I have ordered
- Hydroboost conversion w/wilwood master cylinder, proportioning valve (1 1/8" bore) with line kit, necessary brackets
- Forged narrow superlite 6R front brake kit, with lines
- Full ridetech coilover kit
- Strange S60, 3.73, helical posi upgrade, narrowed .28" per side from factory, with Wilwood 12" disc brakes installed.
- Full LS swap Tremec TKX kit from Silver Sport Transmission including bellhousing, mcleod super street clutch, .81 OD gear, full hydraulic clutch kit, flywheel etc
The plan for the car is 500 horse, maybe a little more. Can anyone tell me what I am missing or should be considering?
-
10-08-2024 #2



Reply With Quote