Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Results 121 to 140 of 146
    1. #121
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Brisbane Australia
      Posts
      410
      Country Flag: Australia
      That floor looks great, it must be tempting to just spray it with bedliner and leave it for the world to see
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

    2. #122
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Prescott, AZ
      Posts
      206
      Country Flag: United States
      You really killed with with that floor and trans tunnel! Will it be fully butt welded or does it seem strong enough as is?

    3. #123
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Centerforce View Post
      You really killed with with that floor and trans tunnel! Will it be fully butt welded or does it seem strong enough as is?
      Thank you and it's surprisingly strong as it is but I'm going to end up fully welding the seams just to be sure and in hindsight I wish I had incorporated a flange at the base of each section so I might also add reinforcement where the tunnel meets the floor.

    4. #124
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      1,086
      Country Flag: United States
      It's been over a month... any updates?
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

    5. #125
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      1,086
      Country Flag: United States
      Bueller? Bueller?

      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST


    6. #126
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Bueller? Bueller?
      Don't worry I haven't given up on this thing, still slowly plugging away but I took a break to work on a couple other things namely my jeep and built a large heavy duty welding table because didn't really have a good area in my garage to fabricate small projects. Also a complete suspension overhaul on my daily driver, lowered 2008 charger with 200k miles and every bushing was shot and had a broken coil in the rear so it was definitely time.

    7. #127
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Knoxville,Tn.
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      Any updates with FASTUDE ?

    8. #128
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Knoxville,Tn.
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      Is this project still alive?

    9. #129
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      285
      Country Flag: United States
      Why do I feel like I am watching a Pirate4x4 build?

    10. #130
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      1,086
      Country Flag: United States
      Whatever happened to this build?
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

    11. #131
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      1,086
      Country Flag: United States
      U p d a t e s ? ? ? ? ?
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

    12. #132
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Seattle area
      Posts
      360
      You are doing some very nice work .And you are going to surprise a lot people who don`t know what this car is. I grew up with these cars so I know.

    13. #133
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like photobucket realized nobody was going to pay them their ransom and my pictures are back, I don't have any updates at the moment but will be getting back on this project soon.

    14. #134
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Jefferson City, MO
      Posts
      240
      Good to know you're inspired to make some forward progress. Looking forward to more updates!

    15. #135
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Just a quick welfare check, I've been putting in some serious time on the Studebaker and will try to update later today with pictures.

    16. #136
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Jefferson City, MO
      Posts
      240
      Great news! Glad you're still with us and making progress.

    17. #137
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States

      BIG changes

      So it's obviously been a while since I last updated this build but I've made some pretty drastic changes because I wasn't happy with how some things were turning out and I wanted and was fairly confident with some better tools and a little more thought I could do better. My focus became clean and detailed metal work so the plan is to have the car be a 2 seater with carpet under the driver and passenger but most of the interior other than that will be exposed but painted metal work.

      One of the first things I did was cut out and scrap the firewall and tunnel as well as the inner fender panels I had made and found some better template making material to create curved surfaces rather than boxy ones. Another big change was to go with full QA1 coilovers front and rear with a single triangulated 4 link in the rear. I also went with a Speedway fabricated ford 9" assembly and an aluminum Strange 3rd member from Quick Performance stuffed with a Truetrac and 3.25 gears because I really want this car to be a very comfortable highway cruiser as well as be able to handle and with the relatively short tires and power from the 5.3 it should still be plenty fast.

      Anyway on to the picture updates because it's easier to show than it is to tell.
      This first picture is soon after I cut the tunnel back out and began setting up the rear suspension.



      Attached Images Attached Images  

    18. #138
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's the suspension basically finished except final welding. The picture uploading is being odd so bare with me until I figure it back out and can post more in between progress.


    19. #139
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      779
      Country Flag: United States
      That's cool!

    20. #140
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      1,086
      Country Flag: United States
      YES!!! My favorite build is back! Finally the Christmas present I've been waiting for!

      Seriously, my favorite build in a long time and so glad to see you're back!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com