Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Results 41 to 59 of 59
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      Waconia, MN
      Posts
      113
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm enjoying your build and what you have going with the dash. Very cool!
      Love the "proof" picture after you added the bracing to the rear frame.



    2. #42
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by SonomaZ View Post
      I'm enjoying your build and what you have going with the dash. Very cool!
      Love the "proof" picture after you added the bracing to the rear frame.
      Thanks working on finishing up my screw in rocker studs since the pressed in one's started backing out. I have almost finished the dash however.






    3. #43
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      33
      Looking good! How does the tablet stay mounted? (Unless I missed it)

    4. #44
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      779
      Country Flag: United States
      Dude, that's cool. I love your "I can alter this" attitude!
      Curious though, what's the stuff sprayed on the head gaskets (bottom of page one).
      I've done countless engine/heads, but never sprayed anything on the head gaskets.

    5. #45
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      orlando FL where the hot panties are
      Posts
      102
      Country Flag: United States
      your build is dope! you don't need big money to make a prideful ride. the real pleasure of it all is when you see the image in your head, then materialize it into your hands. I know what it's like when the funds don't come fast enough to do the build like you want in the time you want them done, but it will be YOUR baby. my build has been going for 4 years now...

      I was stationed at Camp Lejeune for a long time and I left in 2004. what part of NC are you in?
      The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend...

      MY BUILD https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ra-1-Contender

    6. #46
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Pensacola, Florida
      Posts
      42
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks pretty darn good for Rustoleum! How did you apply the Rustoleum, spray, roller, or brush?

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by PANTYEATR View Post
      your build is dope! you don't need big money to make a prideful ride. the real pleasure of it all is when you see the image in your head, then materialize it into your hands. I know what it's like when the funds don't come fast enough to do the build like you want in the time you want them done, but it will be YOUR baby. my build has been going for 4 years now...

      I was stationed at Camp Lejeune for a long time and I left in 2004. what part of NC are you in?
      Thanks man right now I'm back in nursing school with plans to build a shop to finish this when I'm done. My thing is I want to do it all myself, if I dont know how to do something I will research until I'm convinced I can do it. When funds are low you learn to use your time wisely. I live in Greenville about and hour and a half from Jacksonville

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by malibulvr View Post
      Looks pretty darn good for Rustoleum! How did you apply the Rustoleum, spray, roller, or brush?
      I sprayed it. Reduce the rustoleum 30% with acetone and spray with a primer gun, it layed out ok but started getting hot and dry sprayed a lil.

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      Update:

      TH400 decided it wanted to start slipping so the truck is parked now until spring break from nursing school (gotta fund this somehow).

      plans: 700r4 swap

      parts list
      700r4
      toque converter
      tcc lock up harness
      vette servo
      3.42 or 3.73 rear

      I already have the trans, just need to order the misc items to compete the swap shouldn't take more than a weekend to so, but I learned not to hold my breath, murphy's law likes to play with me.

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Posts
      3
      really like the progress you have shown on your project. I have a similar project with the same constraints (money). Big difference is mine is a ford (65 short and wide). I look forward to watching you and your project

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Posts
      95
      [QUOTE=2ndroundko;1195329]


      Baby Shug (night) LOl. A coworker of mine could pay for your brother.

      Great start. I've always liked these trucks when lowered.

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      No pics right now but I have been making progress. I got the blown th400 out. Installed the 700r4 Jr shift kit in the new trans and got it in the truck. I got to finish bolting the trans in and sort out the linkage and that part will be done. This weekend is 40% off at lkq so I smatched up a 3.73 4wd rear with limited slip and a aluminum drive shaft so that should wake the beast up a little.

      Trying to decide if I want to have the axles redrill ed for 5x5 or get adapters. As of right now I wanted to run some spacers away to push the wheels out a little so I'm leaning toward the spacers.

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      935
      Country Flag: United States
      Like this truck. I bought the same one to get the 454 from it and now I'm having trouble parting with it.

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      E. Tenn
      Posts
      41
      Country Flag: United States
      Love the build man, keep it up. I just picked up a 74 C10 on a whim to make a nice driver out of. Now I have 2 projects to tinker with and split time/money/effort between. I'm definitely on the same budget plan as you.
      1969 Wife, all stock no mods. Factory redhead package.
      2005 Son. Blond headed, blue eyes with factory hell on wheels package.
      A couple of cars too.

    15. #55
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I made some progress but with school and kids I didn't get any pictures. Turns out the 4x4 3.73 rear I got was going to be too big. I took it back to the junkyard and found a obs 3.42 rear to put in. I ended up changing the ring and pinion in my stock rear because the axles were different sizes in the obs rear. Next step is get a longer yoke for the 700r4 so I can finally get back on the road!

    16. #56
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      1
      I registered here just to let you know I enjoyed your build, I hope you've stuck with it.

      Personally, any time I open a thread and the first thing is a picture of a new shop built chassis, I head right back out of that thread lol.

    17. #57
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150 View Post
      I registered here just to let you know I enjoyed your build, I hope you've stuck with it.

      Personally, any time I open a thread and the first thing is a picture of a new shop built chassis, I head right back out of that thread lol.
      Thanks that means a lot to me. I'm still at it. I painted it about a month ago and driving it almost every day. When I get home I will be sure to post some pics and a good update

    18. #58
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      230
      I like what you are doing with the dash! My son and I are slowly building him a 2wd K5 Blazer and it also needs a dash horribly. Been teaching him bodywork so this might be a good idea also. Keep up the great work. :thumb:

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      935
      Country Flag: United States
      Like this thread too. I have an 85 C10 waiting to make into a driver. Prices on good ones is starting to get crazy.

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com