Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 184

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Ft Worth, TX
      Posts
      188
      Country Flag: United States
      After completing AFROTC field training in June I packed up the shop and rented a U-Haul trailer for the move to Texas. The trip went without incident and the Sierra did and outstanding job towing despite most likely being over the posted weight limit.







      My first priority was redoing the firewall so that I could start on the new wiring. This included patching holes for the old A/C box, mounting the Wilwood pedal assembly, and the new wiper motor. I was having problems with the clutch master cylinder leaking due to an incorrect pushrod angle. Rather than destroying multiple cylinders trying to find the correct angle I decided to start from scratch with a triple master cylinder setup from Wilwood. I found the wiper motor that was used in the DSE kits (including the recessed park mechanism) at a local salvage yard. I also discovered that 4th generation Camaro steering columns are very similar to the Chevelle column and they come with an integrated wiper/cruise control switch. The automatic cars are floor shift so any column will work. The biggest difference is the different intermediate shaft connection. An aftermarket universal joint will take care of that. I picked the column and wiper motor up for about $50. The column is mounted to the firewall using an ididit mount.









      1970 Chevelle: 6.0 L96, T56, Strange 9 Inch, Ridetech Coilovers, Wilwood brakes

      1978 Firebird: 6.0 LQ4, T56

      2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com