Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 184

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Ft Worth, TX
      Posts
      188
      Country Flag: United States
      Well I've collected most of the parts for the wiring project but it was just too cold over winter break to mess with wiring so that will now be a summer project. Over spring break I wanted to get the frame finished and painted. With the help of a few friends I blew the car apart in a day. I worked on patching the remaining rust holes/unfinished parts of the Chevelle's floor while they stripped the surface rust off the frame. I also finished the exhaust up to the tailpipes (which need to be redone so the exhaust exits at the bumper) and built mounts for the rear Hellwig sway bar end links. (Please excuse all of the booger welds on the frame. I've gotten much better with the new welder since then.)

      I had to modify the supplied frame brackets to fit the new tubular crossmember.



      The mufflers are supported by some really neat snapper grommets that I ordered from Jegs.







      I ran out of time to finish everything on the frame but I wanted to get it painted before I had to go back to school. I'll have to take some time this summer to separate the body again and finish everything. I used SEM Rust Shield on the frame and the bottom of the floor. It was too cold to paint outside so unfortunately I was forced to brush the paint on which was a bit of a nightmare. The brushing took so long that by the time I got to the other end of the frame the brush was starting to dry and get too stiff to use. I really like SEM's paint but if you can, spraying is definitely the best way to go.

      1970 Chevelle: 6.0 L96, T56, Strange 9 Inch, Ridetech Coilovers, Wilwood brakes

      1978 Firebird: 6.0 LQ4, T56

      2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com