Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 521 to 540 of 902

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      I have been working for a few years now on my Volvo 1800 project. It has been so long my rotors have surface rust. LOL! I am getting really close to paint but I wanted to add a couple items to my car before that happens. I will be using a Haltech ECU that will allow me to have traction control and a Bosch ABS setup. Both of those require me to run wheel speed sensors.

      My biggest problem was to figure out a way to put on tone rings. The rear setup was easy enough. I called up Strange Engineering and ordered their Pro-Touring Floater hub kit with the optional tone rings that would allow me to run 2005-2010 Mustang sensors. I will be using the sensors from the Bosch kit instead of the ford sensors so I will have to fabricate some mounts. That shouldn’t be too bad.

      The more challenging part was the front hubs. There were no provisions or options for tone rings and there isn’t much info out there with measurements for the rings. Well it turns out that the same rings from the Strange kit are almost a perfect fit. The hubs had to be machined slightly and we left a .002” pressure fit. Another mod I did was to change the hardware on the bolts for the hat to hub. Wilwood had a good alternative. I still need to safety wire the bolts but clearance is good. The wires will have to be low and tight though.

      Here are a couple pictures and a link to the Strange kit.
      https://www.strangeengineering.net/p...es-brake-kits/



      Name:  IMG_2093.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  237.9 KBName:  IMG_2118.jpg
Views: 2267
Size:  197.5 KBName:  IMG_2095.jpg
Views: 2243
Size:  147.2 KBName:  IMG_2120.jpg
Views: 2185
Size:  153.3 KB





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com