Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast
    Results 241 to 260 of 902

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      That is the general look we are trying to get to. Here is a picture of the front as the body shop begins the modifications. The 1970 Camaro split bumpers should look pretty sleek. The lower valance is starting to take place. The curve on the valance is almost exactly to that of the Volvo sheet metal. It should make for a smooth transition.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2017
      Location
      SE England
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: UK
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      This is a good image to use, to ask another question please, on your choice of wheel/tyre size?
      I'm thinking of a general suspension lowering of c60mm from stock. I'm just looking into what size of wheel I can accommodate without too much interference on control arms/suspension etc? I'm happy with a 17" wheel, and maybe something not so wide as yours, perhaps a 8-8.5" wide wheel?

      Do you know from your trial and error what size wheels can fit? Width/offset etc to help in the search for the right wheel?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
      This is a good image to use, to ask another question please, on your choice of wheel/tyre size?
      I'm thinking of a general suspension lowering of c60mm from stock. I'm just looking into what size of wheel I can accommodate without too much interference on control arms/suspension etc? I'm happy with a 17" wheel, and maybe something not so wide as yours, perhaps a 8-8.5" wide wheel?

      Do you know from your trial and error what size wheels can fit? Width/offset etc to help in the search for the right wheel?
      I am not sure how much help I will be with that question. I started out by modifying my car with a mini-tub. That moved the wheel wells all the way to the frame rails. I then had the body shop widen the rear of the car by about 5". I am also running an axle that is not the same as the stock one. My specs will not even be close to what you will need. I am running an 11" wide wheel on all 4 corners and a 315/30-18 tire.

      I have heard people putting a 255 or 265 tire on the back of these cars but that will be a very tight fit with the stock wheel wells. If I were you I would ask some of the guys over at Swedespeed.com for their input. I have a build thread over there as well. Here is a link to the message board. http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdi...ES-(1959-1973)

      Good luck with the project. Keep us posted on your progress. It should be a really cool car when it is done.

      The rear valance was originally formed by John Royal from Royalworks Speed Shop. I purchased his original metal mold and then highly modified it to fit my modified car. I am not sure he actually went into production on the fiberglass valance he wanted to make. I believe he closed his shop and went to work for someone else but may do this on the side. His business also goes by Anointed Aero. Here is a link to his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Anointed.Aero/posts/

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2017
      Location
      SE England
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: UK
      Cheers bud...

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Oct 2017
      Location
      SE England
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: UK
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post

      The rear valance was originally formed by John Royal from Royalworks Speed Shop. I purchased his original metal mold and then highly modified it to fit my modified car. I am not sure he actually went into production on the fiberglass valance he wanted to make. I believe he closed his shop and went to work for someone else but may do this on the side. His business also goes by Anointed Aero. Here is a link to his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Anointed.Aero/posts/
      Just as a follow-up, I've been in contact re the fibreglass valance with Anointed Aero. Just looking into shipping costs, over to the UK. Might not be economical due to its size...

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,635
      The amount of modifications passed the staggering category many pages ago.
      Kudos on all the progress, the car looks amazing!
      Bonus points for the prancing Moose !
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

    7. #7
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Posts
      341
      Looks great Darreld! Glad we could help with the wheels.

      Thanks

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the compliments guys. I just hope it is done by next fall and if I am lucky can find a place to show it at SEMA 2017. With a bit more luck competing in an optima event in 2017 or 2018.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      252
      Country Flag: United States

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      I am starting to get some parts in for the redo of the suspension. The UPS brought me the Torque Arm rear suspension components today. It mounts to the pinion of my 9" Ford housing and tabs are welded to the bottom to set the pinion angle. I will have to fab up a front mount when I get the car back from the body shop. Here are a couple pictures. It has a soling billet mount on both ends. Pretty stout unit!





      The front valance is coming along nicely. There is a little bit of work to do on the outer edges to transition into the fenders. The boxy parts is to provide a shelf where the bumpers will be. It will be hidden by the bumpers.



      We still have to find a place to mount the tranny and oil cooler but we will likely wait to do that until the new suspension clip is in.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      The front of the car is starting to take shape. Still have some fiberglass work to do but next will be the modifications to the grill opening.


    12. #12
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Posts
      1
      [QUOTE=68EFIvert;1209940]The front of the car is starting to take shape. Still have some fiberglass work to do but next will be the modifications to the grill opening.

      Great Chatting with you today Darreld, the build looks amazing. Thanks for the info and advice. Ill be starting my 68' P1800 soon!

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Jay. It was nice to talk with you as well. Let me know if you need some help with your build and good luck with it. Your dad will love it when you are done.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      59
      Country Flag: United States
      Going to be a bad a$$ car when it's done.

      Michael

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Prescott, AZ
      Posts
      206
      Country Flag: United States
      This build has our attention for SURE. We've always taken a liking to these old Volvos, so it's great to finally see one getting the pro-touring treatment!

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys! The valance is done and now we are looking at a bolt on splitter. It still needs to be narrowed but it sure add a little bit of aggression to the front of the car. I am not sure if I like it or not yet but a few bolts and it is easily removed.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      779
      Country Flag: United States
      I like!

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Posts
      266
      Country Flag: United States
      I love all the metal work. I did 1/100th this much on my Mustang and I was tired, haha. This is such an elegant, flowing design. I really like how all the pieces add up to something that is decidedly not stock, but nothing jumps out as "wrong". Great work.
      1988 Mazda RX7 - Forged LS/T56, 76mm turbo, ProEFI, Ford 8.8 - Sold
      1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, Haltech, big brakes, updated suspension.
      2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Full bolt-ons
      2016 BMW 428iX GranSport - Stock...ish.

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      The gel coat is on the front valance. Now on to the grill area. In addition I have also started to look into a radar jammer/detector setup.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      435
      Country Flag: United States
      Personally, I like K40's stuff. I did Escort 9500ci's for years and always have to replace the rear sensor after about a year. The K40's have new design shifters that are updateable and can shift the new Dragon Eye guns, something the 9500ci cannot. Also, there is a new high end system out there from a company called Stinger, but I have no personal experience with them. I think Jeremy at JK Automotive Designs is a dealer.

      Jay

    Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com