Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 63

    Threaded View

    1. #13
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      Central Texas
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      I finished the rebuild of the T5 transmission.

      The rebuild was not very difficult. I rebuilt the 3 speed currently in the Mustang a few years back. This time I needed a press for the bearings but I already had all the other tools. I picked up a bearing press at Harbor Freight while it was on sale and will no doubt find other uses for it.

      I took a picture at every step in disassembling the transmission. This way I was sure of the orientation of the gears, washers, and other parts during the rebuild. I also kept all the parts laid out in the proper order so I could use that as a reference as well.

      Everything I needed for the rebuild of the output shaft was included in the M7000A kit except for one item. A needle bearing set was not included for under the first gear. There are three used and the kit came only with two of them. I checked several internet sites and could not find a picture of a kit including the part. The one I took out seemed to be in good condition so I decided I would reuse the part.


      Name:  100_5661.JPG
Views: 1327
Size:  656.3 KB

      Name:  100_5663.JPG
Views: 1400
Size:  642.4 KB

      Name:  100_5735.JPG
Views: 1403
Size:  773.1 KB

      Name:  100_5738.JPG
Views: 1444
Size:  900.0 KB

      I switched to a six tooth speedometer gear (black one) on the tailshaft. This will allow me to properly set my speedometer when I change the rear gears to something larger than a 3.5:1.



      Name:  100_5914.JPG
Views: 1453
Size:  288.1 KB

      I found an inexpensive used shifter on eBay and picked it up. This is it attached to the assembled transmission.

      Name:  100_5937.JPG
Views: 1315
Size:  232.6 KB





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com