Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 161
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States

      Project Grocery Getter...1983 Chevy Malibu Wagon!

      Name:  ls3wagon.jpg
Views: 5778
Size:  4.2 KB

      This vehicle belongs to my customer, Tom, and is currently powered by a TPI 350/700R4 combo. When it comes to the shop in May, it will be getting a new LS 376/480 crate engine and a new crate 4 speed auto, complete with the GM controllers. BRP Musclerods is supplying the mounts and long tube 1 7/8 headers. Thanks to Jeff Tate at Days Chevrolet here in Acworth for the great deal on the GM parts. I'm planning to post the full install here, along with all the parts used so anyone can duplicate this. Tomorrow, I'll post a few pics of the new engine and the GM controllers. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

      Joe Hinds


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: United States
      YES!!! A g-body wagon with an LS motor, can't wait to see some updates!
      Jake Eggemeier
      1981 Malibu -- 406 Small Block Chevy, th350 and in the works for some much needed upgrades

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like you are starting with a pretty nice looking ride. Keep us posted.
      Stephen

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      Looks like you are starting with a pretty nice looking ride. Keep us posted.
      I have only seen a few pics, but it looks like a very nice car. I have always liked the G-bodies, and there's just something cool about these wagons. Most project cars we get, I enjoy the building process the most, but this one...I can't wait to drive!
      Joe Hinds

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      44
      Neat car, can't wait to watch this one come together.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      good looking g-body project! can't wait to see more!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Washington, MO
      Posts
      2,363
      Subscribed - If no one wants my wagon, I'd love to have a record of an LSx transplant to replicate. Please take lots of pics and document parts!

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      I love the G-body wagons. Hell I love wagons.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      The Malibu will be hitting the shop either this week or next (depending on some paint touchups being made), but we got the LS3 376/480, and the GM controllers for both the engine and transmission (GMPP 19244043, the Supermatic 4L70E). The trans should be here any day now, and we'll have the BRP Musclerods swap kit and Heddman/Musclerods coated 1 7/8 full length headers in the next couple of days, along with the Kwiq Performance accessory drive.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Joe Hinds

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Easton, PA
      Posts
      989
      Country Flag: United States
      those G body wagons are cool, but I wish somone would figure a way to make the rear door windows functional! one of the worst cost cutting measures GM ever made.
      some of these wagons came from the factory w/ a V8 and a 4 speed, cool stuff!
      Keith C.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Wagons are just cool, and LS powered G-bodies are that much cooler!
      Subscribed!

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm glad to see the interest in this car; I'm very excited about it personally. I get to work on all kinds of cool projects every day, but this one is special. Not only is it a really nice car, the owner is a really nice guy (something I can't always say). I always strive to be sure that my customer is happy with anything we do, but this one is going to take some extra effort from our whole crew. I don't want to get into his personal situation, but suffice to say we have pushed this build to our highest priority, to ensure that its completed to our high standards in a short period of time.
      I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Phil Brewer, and Nick and Jeff and the crew at BRP/Musclerods for all their help and support in making this project possible.
      Last edited by BulldawgMusclecars; 05-10-2011 at 05:45 PM.
      Joe Hinds

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok, I know you guys like pics, so here are the ones we have so far:







      Joe Hinds

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Transmission Controller:



      Engine controller







      Pedal assembly















      Joe Hinds

    15. #15
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Just like Christmas day! Except that it's for a customer...

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Every day is like Christmas around here...just ask our UPS driver!
      Joe Hinds

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Here are a few of the old engine...a TPI 350.











      Joe Hinds

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Oldenburg
      Posts
      38
      Country Flag: Germany
      Good to see another G-Body, nice project!

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      70
      any larger pics of the old TPI set up? looks like the customer had a pretty cool set up already... the LS3 is going to be bonkers.

      Love the odd-ball builds!

      Rob

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Sorry, thats all I have so far, and the car isn't here yet. Should be here sometime next week, along with a lot of parts that are on order. Yes, the TPI setup looks nice, but the customer says he was having some issues with it. How serious, I don't know. Not sure what his plans are for the old setup, but if it becomes available I'll post it here first.
      Joe Hinds

    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com