Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 161

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      I don't know how I missed your post, David, but it was great meeting you too! Give me a call if I can help with anything.



      David has an awesome Macho T/A with a Butler-built engine and EFI...really makes me want to get back to my Pontiac-powered TT 87 Trans Am project!
      Joe Hinds


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      What springs are in the rear and what's going in the front? Thanx. I need to start getting springs for the wife's car.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Neil,
      The front springs are from Hotchkiss, part # 1902F. They are going on the car now. The existing front springs were heated originals, which are being trashed. I'm not sure what brand the rear are, but I'll find out.

      We got a lot done today. The whole front supension and steering has been removed, and all the components have been cleaned up and painted. Chris and I took off to the local Pull-A-Part after lunch, and got the spindles we will be using. They are from a 2002 S-10 Blazer 2WD, and are a direct bolt in replacement for the G-body (and earlier S10) spindles.





      Going on the car:



      The front crossmember after cleaning and painting:



      One of the control arms after cleaning and painting:



      A shot of the underside, before any cleaning was done. The 8.5 Buick GN rear (3.42 posi) with Edelbrock control arms and a Hotchkiss sway bar, and Air Lift bags, were installed by another shop right before delivery. The shocks are Bell Tech.







      The gas tank's stock location, removed for cleaning and painting. The straps will come off for painting as well.



      Another underside shot...the dirt daubers will have to go!



      One of the original front springs, which appears to have been cut down severely, rather than heated as I initially thought.



      Another shot of the front end going back together

      Joe Hinds

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      The front brakes are going to be a pretty cool, yet relatively inexpensive, setup. We could have just as easily snagged the 2 piston calipers and rotors that came on these spindles, and had a decent upgrade, but with over 500hp on tap we're going to need more than decent. I had originally expected to do some spindle cutting, and using an aftermarket bracket on the original spindles, but a talk with Tobin at Kore3 put me on the right track. He advised using the S10 Blazer spindles and hubs, since its already set up to accept a 2 piston style caliper, and he has a bracket kit that will allow the use of C5/C5Z06/or base C6/Z51 calipers. I'll be using the C6 Z51 style abutments (brackets), and the corresponding 13.3 inch rotors. Jeff Tate has ordered the abutments for me, and I'm still checking around on the rotors and calipers, but it looks like the total parts bill for the front discs will be about $7-750. Using F-body stuff for the rear, and a C5/C6 master cylinder, we'll have a serious 4 wheel disc braking system for less than a grand!
      Joe Hinds

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by The Stickman View Post
      What springs are in the rear and what's going in the front? Thanx. I need to start getting springs for the wife's car.
      The rear springs are BellTech, with a 2" drop.
      Joe Hinds

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgMusclecars View Post
      The rear springs are BellTech, with a 2" drop.
      Thanx, loving the build.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com