Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      So I finally finished a 1940 Ford side job I was doing and now I can get back to the Maverick. In between working on the 40, I did get some stuff done though. Today I spent some time on it as well.

      Heading back to the booth next week for the stripes and to reclear the entire car to burry the stripes.

      I used to work for a local paint supply jobber store and they sold this sound deadener, so I bought a bunch of it and used it on the inside of the Mav. It works quite well. I did the entire trunk floor, interior floor and firewall as well as the roof.



      I then installed the bracket I made to mount the wiring harness I will be using.....





      Steering column mount and brace I had sand blasted and powder coated a couple years ago....






      Finally got to install the Ididit tilt steering column in the car for the last time. As you can see I also got the Lokar shifter mounted as well.







      Close up of the lower brace/mount I made using the factory pattern and bolt holes for mounting. Also shows the upper mount I made to mount the column to the brace.





      A view from the engine compartment of the column sticking through the firewall, also shows the Wilwood m/c.






      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com