Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      And while I have had some spare time, I painted the valve covers as well. I like something a little more detailed than just chrome or billet, this has become a bit of a thing for me as you will see in the last picture. I have done something like this on the last few cars I have owned.


      Here is the new valve cover sanded and prepped for paint, then sealed grey, then based in the darker accent blue, then masked for the stripe followed by the blue that will be on the body. Once unmasked I cleared them and ran them thru a bake cycle. After that I sanded them all down and recleared them but this time used a matte clear. After another bake cycle I reassembled the billet trim. Looking forward to putting them on the engine soon.



















      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com