Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 302

    Thread: '66 PT Chevelle

    1. #21
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Snohomish, Washington
      Posts
      2,235
      Country Flag: United States
      never mind, found them on your fquick site looks awsome!

      Matt


    2. #22
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      2,200
      Country Flag: United States
      wow! just checked out the pics on your fquick...looks amazing...seriously!
      Colin Russ

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks. Hearing all these good comments tells me I'm heading in the right direction!

      Some pending items are: I have to remove the front wheel trim and rocker moldings; some areas on the body need to be repainted, including the hood of course, the front end needs to be aligned, the brakes needs to be bled again, and there are some parts I want powder coated. In the mean time I need to get my registration and insurance in place so I can do some road tests when it's ready. I'll post up more pictures as I progress.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    4. #24
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Canon City, Colorado
      Posts
      102
      That stance is right on what did you do?

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      NW burbs IL
      Posts
      1,732
      Very nice Herb, I'll bet the vette is a distant memory now and think its safe to say " I told you so ".
      Matt


      Current project: " Chain Reaction "

      A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

      1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

      Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by oorange67
      That stance is right on what did you do?
      The rear has air bags so it's an easy adjustment. In front however, I added/removed coil spring spacers until I got the height I was after.

      Looking at the pictures I took from the rear, I think the back end could stand to come down a little bit more. It's hard to tell though because my driveway has an incline. Once I get it on level ground I'll be able to see it better.

      Glad you like it!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    7. #27
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bow Tie 67
      Very nice Herb, I'll bet the vette is a distant memory now and think its safe to say " I told you so ".
      Vette? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about...

      JK, yeah you were right, it's a distant memory!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    8. #28
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Snohomish, Washington
      Posts
      2,235
      Country Flag: United States
      quick question, is the chevelle frame boxed??
      Matt

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by muthstryker
      quick question, is the chevelle frame boxed??
      Nope. Maybe some day if I see a need for it.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    10. #30
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Snohomish, Washington
      Posts
      2,235
      Country Flag: United States
      alright thanks!
      Matt

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Here are some new pictures...

      I had the valve covers, mc cover, air cleaner lid & bottom, and breather tanks all powder coated to match the wheel centers:





      I also had the grille and headlight surrounds powder coated to match:

      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    12. #32
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      308
      All of the powdercoated parts look great and are very subtle. Just curious if you could tell me just a little about that throttle linkage bracket.
      Alex McCarty
      1955 Chevrolet 210 "JOE BEN", 425hp 355 smallblock, saginaw 4 speed
      1966 Chevelle: Talldeck 427 bigblock, turbo 400, 12 bolt

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      fort myers florida
      Posts
      200
      Look's good Herb, i like the powdercoated part's and grill

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 55chevyman
      All of the powdercoated parts look great and are very subtle. Just curious if you could tell me just a little about that throttle linkage bracket.
      Thanks! The throttle bracket is from Jeg's. I don't like the return springs mounted on the front so I cut that part off, relocated the anchor to the rear, and modified a small bolt (flatened sides w/ two holes drilled) to attach the springs to the throttle. It works good and I think it looks a lot better than having the springs poking out from under the front of the air cleaner.

      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    15. #35
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wayne70
      Look's good Herb, i like the powdercoated part's and grill
      Thanks Wayne! Since the Elky has a lot of bling under the hood I figured I darken up the Chevelle.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    16. #36
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      Wow, just found these pictures. That thing looks sick. But I sure did like those wheels on the Elcamino to. I need pictures of both cars with the wheels

      [email protected]

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Thehoodstock,GA
      Posts
      793
      Country Flag: United States
      I really like the black hood.
      -Mark

    18. #38
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
      Wow, just found these pictures. That thing looks sick. But I sure did like those wheels on the Elcamino to. I need pictures of both cars with the wheels

      [email protected]
      I just sent you an email with a couple of pictures. As you can see, I'm very happy with my wheel purchase! Thanks!

      Ok, for some reason I'm getting an error message on the email I sent to you! If you go to my Fquick garage you can download any pictures you want.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    19. #39
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by BossaNova
      I really like the black hood.
      -Mark
      Me too. It gives the car a more sinister look.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    20. #40
      Join Date
      Jan 2002
      Location
      Italy
      Posts
      746
      Congrats on putting the car back together Herb, car looks great!
      Have Fun!
      André

      2009 Chrysler 300C Touring.
      3.0 liter V6 diesel, five speed auto, black with light grey leather.
      1968 Chevelle Coupe.
      355cid, Viper T56, Corvette C4 IRS (Dana 44) and Corvette C4 IFS with Porsche 6piston Brembo's.
      1980 Chevy Van (shortie G10).
      355cid, TH350, 8.5" 10bolt posi and Belltech spindles.
      2000 BMW 540i Wagon. (FOR SALE €7K)
      4.4 liter V8, six speed manual, lowered and with Bilstein B8's, silver with black leather.
      2001 Ford Focus Wagon.
      1.8 liter turbo diesel, and a whoppin 90HP.:bsjerk:
      1968 Benelli Motorella
      foldable 50c scooter to go in a car trunk.
      2x '90s Yamaha TZR 2stroke bikes.
      one 125cc one cylinder and one will be 350cc two cylinder.

    Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com