Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      True to my word I drove it around the block last night! It was dark and I don't have lights yet, but after I got the brakes and clutch bled down I couldn't help it. 17 months of hard work later it moves on it's own again!

      Name:  20200227_212912.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  288.2 KB



      Sure, I still have to wire in all the lights, add a couple sensors, and finalize the wiring under the dash, but that's easy by comparison. I'm working on registration this weekend since my hope is the have lights and a plate on it within about a week. The tune is TERRIBLE, but the Dominator is doing a decent job of keeping everything reasonably safe. I'll need help on that pretty quick.

      Funny story about the first drive...when trying to get back into the driveway I was going super slow over the little curb thing to channel drainage, since I don't know all the clearances yet, and the truck is so stiff now between the frame mods and sway bars that it teetered on opposing wheels. It made me really happy actually since these frames are a wet noodle in stock form.

      Also, my buddy came by to see it alive for himself and had me fire it up. He ended up noticing the brake booster causing a vacuum leak which we quickly noticed was causing the idle to be high and causing me fits when trying to dial in the IAC %. I'll get a fresh booster hopefully this weekend.

      Another thing was at the time I ordered this Hi Ram intake, I got severe sticker shock and opted for their 92mm throttle body. But I'm an optimizer and these plenums are designed for a 105mm TB which is $$$. So I found a crazy deal on a 102mm and threw that on. Funny how 10mm makes such a visual difference (that's what she said). I don't care about any additional HP, but the throttle response is definitely sharper and I like that it better matches the rest of the system.

      Name:  20200227_170402.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  287.5 KB

      Part of me actually wants to convert to a DBW setup. I don't like how the cable feels in this truck and I think it's because Everything else I drive doesn't have a cable anymore. I know the Dominator has the ability, but I'm not very enthusiastic about the cost with everything else that I actually need. Opinions are welcome.

      More soon!
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com