Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 163

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Mocked up and tacked in the 4 link today! I think I even got it in straight



      Just getting the frame perfectly level and ready for work took me probably 2 hours.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      No fault of No Limits, they got a bad batch of bushings from Energy Suspension. They sent me some upgraded delrin ones for the lower control arms which I installed. No-one makes delrin for the uppers so I decided to make my own instead of replacing with polyurethane.












      Bam.





      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      579
      Country Flag: United States
      Same FatBar setup I have in my truck, I like the Caddy motor, it's a nice change....Keep the pic's coming.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      Same FatBar setup I have in my truck, I like the Caddy motor, it's a nice change....Keep the pic's coming.
      Thanks, Just checked out your build thread. Awesome stuff! Love the viper motor.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Rear end is FINISHED!! The kit from No Limit went in perfectly. I went through almost an entire spool of wire welding in the boxing plates, the front bar mounts, and I also welded the crossmembers in for extra strength. On to the frontend...






    6. #6
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      If I never see another steel rivet again it will be too soon! LOL
      Actually it wasn't that bad. Got 'em all out and cut the old crossmember out.



      Lots of cutting and grinding to get the frame rails shaped to accept the new suspension and boxing plates. I had a ball though.



      Fit up the new Wide Ride front end and it fit beautifully as expected. Got some paint behind the boxing plates and squared everything up for a final tack. I'm thrilled with how the suspension is coming-out.





      Final welding will happen tomorrow before one last check of everything square!

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Fully welded and ready for paint!! Those rivets were a bugger!! Going with POR15 then a topcoat of VHT chassis black epoxy.





      Had enough time today to clean and paint the axle housing. Never built a 9 inch rear so this will be fun



    8. #8
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Detroit
      Posts
      2,665
      Country Flag: United States
      I love this....Definitely one of my favorite new subscribed builds!
      Big dreams, small pockets....

      Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Forgeline, Speedtech, ATS, Speartech, KORE3, Ridetech coilovers

      Project Motor City Madness

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I love this....Definitely one of my favorite new subscribed builds!
      Wow, thanks!!!

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Finally got paint on the frame. Satin VHT over POR15. That was a big hurdle.




      Started assembling the rear end also. I've never built a Ford rear before so this is a learning curve. The Explorer brakes are making it a bit less straightforward. I had some confusion as to what seals are used. A call to Moser fixed me right up.



      Next is some FUN. Assemble the suspension and get the truck on wheels! With work and the holidays I won't be able to work on it till new years, but I hope to get the drivetrain installed, fuel system, brake system and the cab back on by the end of January.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Had a couple days to tinker and made some good headway. Finished assembling the rear end and got the suspension bolted on. Its starting to look like a project! I'm pretty far ahead of my schedule which feels really good. I'm actually thinking I will realistically be driving this truck sometime next year. Serious motivation... Not bad for just 5 weeks into the project.





      Received my gas tank from No Limit yesterday also. Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump. Supposedly good to about 800HP so it should fit the bill with the Caddy.
      Very nice setup. I must say No Limit has been very helpful. Josh, who answers the phone usually is really patient with my questions, and if he doesn't know the answer he gets right back to me. I was missing my rack/pinion steering bolts and they mailed some out to me pronto.


    12. #12
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Hoping that all these parts will find their way on the truck in the next few days...


    13. #13
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Fit my gas tank...










      Fit and Installed the sending unit:






      Began assembling the brakes...




      Next is run the fuel and brake lines and the cab is finding its was back home.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Motor mounts arrived the other day. Company called TinMan Fabrications. I am VERY impressed with the craftsmanship, packaging, and detailed instructions that came with these. A+ for them!!!
      (one day I want to get a TIG welder and learn that)




      Spent a few hours making brackets for my brake lines. I'm using Nicopp tubing for the first time and its like cheating. Flares are easy and perfect and bends nice and tight. I'm converted!




    15. #15
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      And now for the star of the show......



      18x9.5 aluminum smoothies!

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Auckland, New Zealand
      Posts
      72
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Those wheels look cool; I really like that look with hubcaps on them. Keep up the great work, you are doing a tremendous job.
      cheers Russell

      My 1957 Pontiac Star Chief powered by a 5.3 LS with a 4L60E transmission, on 18" US Mags Big Slots.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      65
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by rlovell383 View Post
      And now for the star of the show......



      18x9.5 aluminum smoothies!
      What are the wheel and tyre specs please?

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by AUS.NOVA View Post
      What are the wheel and tyre specs please?
      Coys C33- 18x9.5
      295/45/18 Nitto NT555 G2 on all four corners.
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Lots of progress today...

      Made my exhaust system. Its all done with the exception of the tailpipes, which will be easy. I'm waiting until I have the bed back on it for that.








      Also mocked up the alternator and cleaned and painted the old brackets. Easy peasy.



      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Getting close to making some noise...

      Got my shifter hooked up to the TH400. Wish I went with a Lokar instead of the Ididit. Had major fitment issues that made a colossal headache out of what should be an easy job. I got it sorted though.



      Gauges are in for the last time!



      Interior coming together....



      Still hammering away at the wiring. The American Autowire kit really makes it fun.

      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com