Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 27

    Thread: SSLOW6.0 Build

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Detroit, MI
      Posts
      101
      Country Flag: United States

      SSLOW6.0 Build

      I thought I would post my project as reference for anyone who wants to undertake a G-body Project.

      I'm going to start from the beginning because that is the best place to start.

      In 2003 for my first car my Dad bought me a 1986 Monte Carlo Super Sport. He had bought one brand new in 85 and it was the family car for my early years. He always wanted to make a hotrod out of his. The car we bought was a 305 car that someone had already cut the CCC computer out and was running a regular Quadrajet on, It was pretty rough, but hadn't seen many Michigan winters. There was rust but it was minimal.

      Almost immediately after I got the car, I blew up the old tired 305 being 16 and stupid.

      So during the summer between my Junior and Senior year of high school my dad and I started building it up.
      Name:  two tone.jpg
Views: 3570
Size:  72.6 KB
      Here it is with the 305 removed.
      We did paint and body work
      Name:  daing.jpg
Views: 3101
Size:  75.7 KB
      Name:  DAed.jpg
Views: 3092
Size:  71.1 KB
      Name:  primer.jpg
Views: 3049
Size:  20.3 KB
      And took the factory 3 color perimeter stripes and turned them into '70 Camaro Z/28 style stripes
      Name:  paint.jpg
Views: 3078
Size:  52.3 KB
      And installed a 10.5-1 compression rebuilt 4 bolt main 350 with a comp 268H grind and edelbrock manifold and carb.
      Name:  first start.jpg
Views: 3010
Size:  74.9 KB
      After a bunch of wheeling and detailing, not to mention converting the car from a bench seat to buckets with a console, we were done.
      Name:  all done.jpg
Views: 3033
Size:  70.7 KB
      The car was like this for the first day of school my senior year, Which was pretty awesome.



      The car was my daily driver in high school when the weather was good.
      Name:  IMG_1523.jpg
Views: 3082
Size:  120.8 KB
      This was the way the car stayed through high school and college.
      Took it to the drag strip a time or two, with the best time of 14.6 @ 97mph

      The car sat for a while when I was hustling to make ends meet.

      Then after college and having a decent job I tried Autocross one day.
      Name:  1227328294851323240.jpg
Views: 3018
Size:  60.6 KB
      Name:  srhbo1rehwjjhuim6xoz.jpg
Views: 3042
Size:  59.2 KB
      Even though battle ships have less roll in a squall, I was in love with racing.

      So I did what any sane person does, and dropped a bunch of money on a QA1 suspension kit.

      That's it for part 1. I'll update and post pictures of the QA1 suspension install and LS swap in a bit.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com