Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 21 to 40 of 53

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Grayslake IL
      Posts
      312
      Country Flag: United States

      1986 Nascarlo 2.0

      Hello! Long time lurker but this is the very first build thread I have ever made. This is my 15th car in the last 3 years and im looking to stop flipping and stick with one for awhile and build it. The project is a 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. I bought it running and driving but needing a lot of TLC. It is a 350 SBC with a 200r4 auto and a 7.5 10 bolt. Seems mostly original with some remnants of a very powerful audio setup in its past (its an 80's Monte what would you expect). The keywords for this build are simple: unique, functional, fun. The plan is to build a mild pro touring 1980's throwback nascar Monte Carlo. I am redoing the wheels tires, brakes, suspension, engine, trans, rear end, the works. The interior will be mainly stripped with two buck racing seats, no carpet, no rear seats and no headliner. In place of those items will be black sound deadener. The gauges are being swapped out for a full set of Autometer gauges and the dash board will stay in the car but am unsure if door panels will be staying or not. I will be going with a C5 front brake setup and rear discs but haven't decided on them yet. 17x8 wheels with 255/40/17's all around. Planning on picking up a set of 17x9's for the rear and a large set of drag radials in the future. The suspension will be QA1's stage 2 handling kit minus their coil over setup. The plan is to run a 5.3 in the car with the existing 200r4. I have ported 853 heads, an ms3 cam and will be going with a carb'd setup and msd ignition. Going to send the 200r4 out to get rebuilt to hold roughly 400 wheel horsepower and the 7.5 will be taken out in favor of an 8.5 posi out of a GN or 442. The car will be decaled up just like a nascar and sit low and sound mean. I haven't seen too many people take these g bodies and replicate the nascars of the 80's so i thought id go down that route for the uniqueness factor. Not to mention I love nascar, pro touring g bodies, and things that sit low and make evil sounds. So this project has got me excited to say the least. I'm working with a limited budget but will be piecing together the whole build throughout these upcoming months.

      This is how the car looked when i got it
      Attachment 132900
      Then trailering the car home a few hours away near the Indiana/Ohio border. (Im located north of Chicago)
      Attachment 132901
      Name:  IMG_5074[1].jpg
Views: 2899
Size:  414.4 KB

      This is the car un-modified as I got it
      Name:  IMG_5092[1].jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  333.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_5093[1].jpg
Views: 2644
Size:  248.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_5095[1].jpg
Views: 2636
Size:  355.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_5096[1].jpg
Views: 2585
Size:  277.9 KB

      Possible 5.3 I have on the stand for it
      Name:  IMG_5116[1].jpg
Views: 2608
Size:  266.3 KB

      Prep work starting on the monte
      Name:  IMG_5123[1].jpg
Views: 2529
Size:  196.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_5119[1].jpg
Views: 2569
Size:  192.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_5150[1].jpg
Views: 2507
Size:  211.2 KB
      Paint work starting...at 7:30 at night
      Name:  IMG_5152[1].jpg
Views: 2526
Size:  196.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_5156[1].jpg
Views: 2507
Size:  184.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_5157[1].jpg
Views: 2505
Size:  133.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_5158[1].jpg
Views: 2577
Size:  184.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_5159[1].jpg
Views: 2506
Size:  152.9 KB
      Yes this is a budget build...so I hit up a dozen parts stores to get together all the paint cans, clear, and prep materials needed for this
      Name:  IMG_5164[1].jpg
Views: 2516
Size:  589.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_5165[1].jpg
Views: 2494
Size:  205.1 KB
      Clear going on
      Name:  IMG_5167[1].jpg
Views: 2492
Size:  146.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_5172[1].jpg
Views: 2472
Size:  209.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_5177[1].jpg
Views: 2496
Size:  301.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_5178[1].jpg
Views: 2474
Size:  280.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_5176[1].jpg
Views: 2477
Size:  294.3 KB

      Attached Images Attached Images  





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com