Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 146

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Updates!
      I fit the passenger side firewall panel and the trans/driveshaft tunnel is beginning to take shape.

      Name:  IMG_20170217_184335285.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  136.9 KB

      The tunnel will run all the way back to the rear of the back seat and tie into the trunk bulkhead and will have at least 1 1/2" of clearance all around the transmission.

      Name:  IMG_20170217_222321156.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  158.1 KB



      Name:  IMG_20170217_222550566.jpg
Views: 1284
Size:  136.7 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170220_222647510.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  134.1 KB

      Also you may have noticed a crossmember under the transmission. I mocked up a design with cardboard and had a local shop water jet the multiple pieces to form the I-beam shape.

      Name:  IMG_20170211_164425124.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  143.9 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170211_164416784.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  120.7 KB

      I tried to keep it as light but strong as possible with the extra holes cutout, all the plates are 3/16"

      Name:  IMG_20170214_214515430.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  119.1 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170214_214508289.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  143.8 KB

      It fit surprisingly well going from a cardboard template I just need to work out how to mount it now.

      The bottom plates will have four bolts per side that go through the flange on the frame but it still needs something to secure the top plate to the frame.

      Name:  IMG_20170214_221128627.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  124.8 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170214_220601950.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  142.3 KB

      I've also been trying to think of how to do the center console and I'm not really sure how I landed on mid 70s camaro consoles but I ended up buying a used one off ebay to see how it might fit because I figure they have similar sized transmissions and whatnot and they're readily available new from OER products. Also B&M makes a shifter made specifically to fit these consoles which is another plus.

      Name:  IMG_20170216_183240858.jpg
Views: 1276
Size:  130.8 KB

      And last but definitely not least I got the dash clock for the passenger side panel to match the other gauges and engine turned plate.
      The little beer mug is to remind me when it's beer thirty on those long drives.

      Name:  IMG_20170215_175057432.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  117.4 KB





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com