Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      So. Over the past year I've been gathering parts while waiting on the Phoenix temps to cool back off some.
      During that time I've picked up my wheels & tires, new front suspension goodies from Mike Maier, took the 8.8 in for a ring and pinion setup and then had to toss that housing and get another one.

      On with the pics!
      Wheels and tires. Nothing super fancy or expensive. 17x8 fronts and 17x9.5 rears. 245/45ZR17 & 275/40ZR17 BFG Sport Comp-2.
      Got these all in a deal from Discount using my summit card. Turned out to basically be a "buy 3 get third free" deal after rebates.
      Name:  20160218_155746039_iOS.jpg
Views: 3288
Size:  144.0 KB

      Also decided to ditch the stock steering wheel and replace it with something more comfortable.
      Took a bit of effort getting the adapter/spacer stuff sorted out and ended up re-drilling and tapping the holes to get everything cleaned up.

      Name:  IMG_1483.jpg
Views: 3178
Size:  72.2 KB

      Name:  IMG_1488.jpg
Views: 3219
Size:  119.6 KB

      Name:  IMG_1490.jpg
Views: 3222
Size:  136.8 KB


      I removed all of the 8.8 brackets to get it ready to go to the driveline shop. Once there, i find out that the inner pinion bearing race had been mangled at some point in the past and had messed up the housing. I didn't want to risk this causing me issues later so i opted to replace the housing with another one.....which means i had to clean up all of the brackets....again.

      Name:  IMG_1532.jpg
Views: 3274
Size:  154.7 KB



      "new" housing with center section ready to go. Now I've got to skin off the brackets and get this down to MikeH's house to weld up the perches.

      Name:  Rear end #2.jpg
Views: 3286
Size:  187.3 KB

      Now to the most recent changes!

      This is where i started....

      Name:  IMG_1553.jpg
Views: 3238
Size:  121.6 KB

      All of the old stuff came off easily....which i'm very thankful for....I love rust free cars!

      Name:  IMG_1554.jpg
Views: 3150
Size:  188.8 KB

      Name:  IMG_1557.jpg
Views: 3303
Size:  103.5 KB

      Name:  IMG_1558.jpg
Views: 3139
Size:  222.1 KB

      Performed the 'Shelby Drop' and test fitting parts.

      Name:  IMG_1559.jpg
Views: 3246
Size:  111.3 KB

      Name:  IMG_1564.jpg
Views: 3272
Size:  140.5 KB

      Ran into a minor snag on the brakes with the rotor rubbing the edge of the caliper. Talked to Baer and they've seen it a couple of times before with the TCP knuckles.
      They've dropped some shims in the mail and I'll revisit the rubbing this weekend.

      But at the end of the day I just wanted to loose fit it all together and see what I'd be working with once it was done......
      I'll be satisfied with the end result. I keep walking by it in the garage and staring....

      Name:  IMG_1562.jpg
Views: 3154
Size:  153.9 KB

      Name:  IMG_1563.jpg
Views: 3301
Size:  68.1 KB
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com