Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 121 to 140 of 208

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Ric,



      Mike can probably address the cost issue better than I, since he just bought one, but it appears that the trans is about $4K.

      As for the MC, I personally would not run a F-body MC. They have a relatively short throw and various brackets that are available don't give the proper geometry.

      I used a MC mount from Keisler, which is very well designed. Since Keisler is no longer, I suspect that Silver Sport offers the same bracket. The bracket uses a Wilwood "grilling" style MC that has 1.4" of travel, which offers a lot of adjustment.

      The rest of the components you'll have to source yourself, depending on the clutch that you plan to use. My particular combination has been working well but is not for everyone. I use the Keisler MC mount with a .700 bore MC, Quarter Master TOB, repro 621 bellhousing, Richmond 6 speed, all mounted to a LS engine with a LS1 clutch.

      As you can tell, I like picking my own components and don't generally go for the "kit" approach.

      Mike, sorry for hijacking your build thread.

      Ric, we can take this offline if you like.

      Andrew
      Not a problem at all Andrew, maybe I can learn something. Trans was just under $4000.. Ric, I ended up going with Bowler for my master bracket. I'm running a Willwood .700 bore master, a Tilton 6000 hyd T/O bearing and a stock LS7 clutch and flywheel. Here are all the part numbers for anyone that is interested.

      RM6036 Quick Time bell housing
      GM#12571611 Flywheel
      GM#24255748 Pressure Plate/ Clutch
      GM#12557583 Pilot Bushing
      Tilton 6000 60-610 T/O bearing
      Wilwood .700 bore "Grilling" Master Cylinder
      Bowler master cylinder bracket


      Mike





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com