Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 228
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Great project. The caliper should be swapped so that the bleeder is on top.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    2. #42
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States

      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher"

      Happy Memorial Day to everyone! I spent the day watching all the military specials on tv to remind myself that the freedom to do what I love to do doesn't come free.

      Here's the pictures I said I would post last week, they slipped my mind until now.

      Mirrors from a 90's Buick, they follow the curve of the body well, and the passenger side has convex glass so it is actually useful to see whats behind me. My brother broke the driver side, but the new one is sitting in a box in the shop.

      Name:  P1010589.jpg
Views: 3053
Size:  140.2 KB

      Name:  P1010590.jpg
Views: 3098
Size:  133.7 KB

      The steering column is mounted so that when the body is on the frame the shaft can be built. I've got the Borgeson U-joints and shaft already, so I'm just waiting til the body and frame are together again. And depending on the look of the interior, I may paint over the chrome if it will stand out too much.

      Name:  P1010591.jpg
Views: 3155
Size:  243.1 KB

      Name:  P1010592.jpg
Views: 3063
Size:  227.1 KB
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Charleston, SC
      Posts
      59
      Country Flag: United States
      What an awesome build man. Just sitting on jackstands reminds me of how the 68-69 Chevelle has the sexiest lines there are. I fall in love with my 68 more and more every year lol. Got a lot done and a lot to go man, but it'll be worth it! I didnt even know that they came with posts..... I had a 68 4 door that was postless, it was sick. Are you keeping the post because of rarity etc? The flush glass will be awesome for sure, cant wait to see more pics.



      -Paul
      Athena: '68 Chevelle, 454, Holley EFI, T-56, SC&C suspension---Raising hell on the Autobahn and German back roads!

      Currently stationed in Germany, and shes my daily driver.


    4. #44
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by youngmuscle View Post
      What an awesome build man. Just sitting on jackstands reminds me of how the 68-69 Chevelle has the sexiest lines there are. I fall in love with my 68 more and more every year lol. Got a lot done and a lot to go man, but it'll be worth it! I didnt even know that they came with posts..... I had a 68 4 door that was postless, it was sick. Are you keeping the post because of rarity etc? The flush glass will be awesome for sure, cant wait to see more pics.

      -Paul
      Man that 4 door postless is probably worth money! Supposedly the post body is about 300 pounds lighter than a normal coupe, I think they have less bracing in the roof or something like that. I didn't even know the car was a post before I bought it, I just knew my friend had a Chevelle that he said I could buy lol.

      But I am gonna keep it a post, I'm not sure if it could be converted because the doors, windows, roof and a bunch of other parts are unique to the post body. Plus I like having a car that stands out from the others
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    5. #45
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Charleston, SC
      Posts
      59
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by WallaceMFG View Post
      Man that 4 door postless is probably worth money! Supposedly the post body is about 300 pounds lighter than a normal coupe, I think they have less bracing in the roof or something like that. I didn't even know the car was a post before I bought it, I just knew my friend had a Chevelle that he said I could buy lol.

      But I am gonna keep it a post, I'm not sure if it could be converted because the doors, windows, roof and a bunch of other parts are unique to the post body. Plus I like having a car that stands out from the others
      Cool, learn something every day. Didn't know there was a huge design difference so I don't blame you. Yeah the post less 4 door was my first love lol, with all the windows down it felt like 5 open feet of window that just blended in, didn't even notice the 4 doors. Unfortunately I got in an accident a few years ago, otherwise I'm sure it would be in my sig instead (long story, drum brakes....). But yeah keep the post and the personality. I'll definitely be following. And btw I have pretty much the same 2 inch cowl hood that goes almost to the nose and I wouldn't trade it for anything else, it's absolutely perfect with the body lines as you can see in your pics lol.

      -Paul
      Athena: '68 Chevelle, 454, Holley EFI, T-56, SC&C suspension---Raising hell on the Autobahn and German back roads!

      Currently stationed in Germany, and shes my daily driver.

    6. #46
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by youngmuscle View Post
      Cool, learn something every day. Didn't know there was a huge design difference so I don't blame you. Yeah the post less 4 door was my first love lol, with all the windows down it felt like 5 open feet of window that just blended in, didn't even notice the 4 doors. Unfortunately I got in an accident a few years ago, otherwise I'm sure it would be in my sig instead (long story, drum brakes....). But yeah keep the post and the personality. I'll definitely be following. And btw I have pretty much the same 2 inch cowl hood that goes almost to the nose and I wouldn't trade it for anything else, it's absolutely perfect with the body lines as you can see in your pics lol.

      -Paul
      Yeah I'm definitely liking the hood! It's a Dynacorn and it seems to be built really well. I'm still trying to decide if I want to put scoops in the hood or not, It looks cool so I want to, but the front end also looks good without them. Not sure what I should do
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Charleston, SC
      Posts
      59
      Country Flag: United States
      It looked cool when my car was one solid marina blue color, however when I went dark blue with the white stripes it REALLY set off the cowl nicely. Just something to consider. It is solid steel as well and one time the latch wasnt secured so it parachuted open at 50 mph. NO damage. Me and my body guy couldnt believe it, felt like I hit a wall. Definitely a strong hood for a strong car.

      Scoops? Where would they go? I think cosmetically it looks best as is. Functionally, Ive looked and thought about how I could put louvers or vents up front to aid aero (front end lift) like a lot of high end race cars. Really not sure how I would execute this or it would look however. Other than that all Ive considered was perhaps installing hood pins. Curious about the scoops though. and I cant wait to see what the flush glass looks like as well!

      Paul
      Athena: '68 Chevelle, 454, Holley EFI, T-56, SC&C suspension---Raising hell on the Autobahn and German back roads!

      Currently stationed in Germany, and shes my daily driver.

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States
      I saw the car on here that had the scoops on it and I liked it. I think on a white car with the grilles on the scoops being black to match the grille would look good, but I'm trying to decide because it would be a lot of work to add them.

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-project/page6

      My other thought was putting louvers like on the new ZL1 Camaro of the new Stingray Vette. I think they would help let heat out form under the hood, especially if I get to turbo it eventually like I want to.

      I need to go talk to the glass guy again about the flush glass. He said he could do it, but I'm sure you've noticed its not as easy to find parts for our cars as I thought it would be. I've seen it on a 69 Chevelle in person, so I know it can be done.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Charleston, SC
      Posts
      59
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by WallaceMFG View Post
      I saw the car on here that had the scoops on it and I liked it. I think on a white car with the grilles on the scoops being black to match the grille would look good, but I'm trying to decide because it would be a lot of work to add them.

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-project/page6

      My other thought was putting louvers like on the new ZL1 Camaro of the new Stingray Vette. I think they would help let heat out form under the hood, especially if I get to turbo it eventually like I want to.

      I need to go talk to the glass guy again about the flush glass. He said he could do it, but I'm sure you've noticed its not as easy to find parts for our cars as I thought it would be. I've seen it on a 69 Chevelle in person, so I know it can be done.

      Ok I see what your talking about now. Looks really mean, I actually like it. Id probably see if I could add extractors if I already went that far if they looked tasteful. What a crazy ass car lol, I keep looking at the pictures.
      Athena: '68 Chevelle, 454, Holley EFI, T-56, SC&C suspension---Raising hell on the Autobahn and German back roads!

      Currently stationed in Germany, and shes my daily driver.

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by youngmuscle View Post
      Ok I see what your talking about now. Looks really mean, I actually like it. Id probably see if I could add extractors if I already went that far if they looked tasteful. What a crazy ass car lol, I keep looking at the pictures.
      I constantly end up looking at that build thread and drooling all over my computer, there's so much money put into that car its insane.

      I'm thinking that if I make the scoops functional then the air coming in would force hot air out of the back of the cowl which is already vented. And maybe it would even let pressure out from under the hood. I'm gonna buy or build a front air dam for the car so that should help too
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Traverse City, MI
      Posts
      574
      Country Flag: United States

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States

      Engine Time!

      Been a while since I had some updates, but work is progressing. I've started a new job recently, so I've been dealing with a new work schedule for the first time in 3 years.

      The roll cage for the car is going to be built this week, so the body is on the frame again. We got the steering hooked up and are going to drag it down the street tomorrow. so work will commence on that.

      But the past couple of days have been good! Got a Richmond 6 speed on the way for the car, the clutch showed up, and the engine is assembled finally!

      Name:  P1010609.jpg
Views: 2701
Size:  252.4 KB

      Name:  P1010614.jpg
Views: 2759
Size:  263.8 KB

      I took time to polish the lifter valley in the block as well as the ports in the heads.

      Name:  P1010616.jpg
Views: 2704
Size:  118.3 KB

      Looks pretty good in Chevy orange and Chrome ;)

      Name:  P1010627.jpg
Views: 2718
Size:  216.7 KB
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States

      Roll Cage!!

      Spent the past few evenings getting the roll cage built! Looks pretty good!

      I wasn't gonna push the car, luckily he had a rhino

      Name:  P1010652.jpg
Views: 2621
Size:  212.7 KB

      Bending the hoop

      Name:  P1010656.jpg
Views: 2719
Size:  139.9 KB

      All done

      Name:  20140628_094537.jpg
Views: 2681
Size:  117.0 KB

      Here's what we came up with to make the harness bar removable

      Name:  20140628_094605.jpg
Views: 2617
Size:  97.0 KB

      Name:  20140628_094620.jpg
Views: 2642
Size:  85.2 KB
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Stillwater Oklahoma
      Posts
      183
      Nelson that cage came out really nicely. Thats a good idea to do the plug on the removeable door bars rather than have a stub sticking out to catch your shoulder on.

    15. #55
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by pist0lpete View Post
      Nelson that cage came out really nicely. Thats a good idea to do the plug on the removeable door bars rather than have a stub sticking out to catch your shoulder on.
      Thanks! That was my friend's idea, he's really good at building things like that. The only thing that my dad wanted from the cage was to make sure that getting into the back seat was still easy, and it works good!
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    16. #56
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Stillwater Oklahoma
      Posts
      183
      I meant to say harness bar not door bar but either way its slick.

    17. #57
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      corona,ca.
      Posts
      1,116
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Barrrf View Post
      wow,200,000 for a chevelle...id rather buy a vette for what gateways asking for.
      72 chevelle.

    18. #58
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      corona,ca.
      Posts
      1,116
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by WallaceMFG View Post
      Spent the past few evenings getting the roll cage built! Looks pretty good!

      I wasn't gonna push the car, luckily he had a rhino

      Name:  P1010652.jpg
Views: 2621
Size:  212.7 KB


      Bending the hoop

      Name:  P1010656.jpg
Views: 2719
Size:  139.9 KB

      All done

      Name:  20140628_094537.jpg
Views: 2681
Size:  117.0 KB

      Here's what we came up with to make the harness bar removable

      Name:  20140628_094605.jpg
Views: 2617
Size:  97.0 KB

      Name:  20140628_094620.jpg
Views: 2642
Size:  85.2 KB
      hi nelson,great roll bar work.make sure to see if you rear panels and plastics fit i have to cut mine to clear the main hoop.
      72 chevelle.

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      hi nelson,great roll bar work.make sure to see if you rear panels and plastics fit i have to cut mine to clear the main hoop.
      Thanks! We tried to make sure there would be enough clearance, but who knows if we actually did lol. Add it to the list of interior work!
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    20. #60
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States

      Progress Update

      I spent some time painting things on the car including the dash, roll bar, cowl, and door jambs. The dash and roll bar are a grey called "Dark Argent".



      Name:  P1010675.jpg
Views: 2469
Size:  161.3 KB

      Name:  P1010672.jpg
Views: 2601
Size:  188.8 KB

      Here's a possible color combo for the outside of the

      Name:  P1010677.jpg
Views: 2396
Size:  123.9 KB



      Last week my dad came home with the Richmond six speed and we got a Lakewood scatter shield with it so that's a good thing! We had already ordered the clutch from a local speed shop called Lopers. We're good friends with a guy who works there and he recommended a Centerforce clutch for the kind of driving the car will be doing. So we got that and a new slip yoke. Got it assembled and sitting on the chassis.

      Name:  P1010670.jpg
Views: 2428
Size:  235.4 KB

      Name:  P1010680.jpg
Views: 2384
Size:  221.6 KB
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

    Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com