Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Speed Tech Chicane or DSE Coilover Conversion Kit

Does anybody have any opinions or comments on either kit. The benefit I noticed with the DSE kit is that it fixes the front suspension geometry, eliminating the need to use a tall ball joint. If it is any additional help I plan to use the SPC Upper and lower control arms. For rear suspension I am leaning towards the chassis-works g-link.

Before I bought my stuff I talked to Kyle rather extensively about this. He stated that DSE stuff is geared more towards autocross and track use while most of the others were geared more towards street use. He did tell me that if I planned on mostly street use that I wouldn't be using their stuff to it's full potential. He also told me not to waste my money on their sway bars as I wouldn't see any benefit from them in street use only in track use. So I'd say it really depends on what you're planning on doing the most with the car.Hope this helps you out a little

Either way you go just remember there's a motion ratio on the front. So putting a 6" stroke shock in there does not give you 6" of suspension travel.
      Between bump stops or ball joint bind there's only 5" of travel. Motion ratio is near 2:1, so you really only need a 2.5" stroke shock to get 5" of wheel travel.

I think the biggest benefit the Chicane kit offers is the elimination of mounting the weight of the front end on the small piece of steel that was intended to be a shock mount. Granted it works but I’ve had 5 first gen camaros and each one of them have had the weld on the upper shock mount cracked until I fixed it. That piece was never intended to hold the weight of the car.

Added shock stroke gives more adjustability, probably helps the shock run cooler in performance applications and the Chicane kit allows you to get in there and adjust the shock easier.

Whats not to like? Its one of the cheaper mods you can do that’s useful.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Quote Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post
      Either way you go just remember there's a motion ratio on the front. So putting a 6" stroke shock in there does not give you 6" of suspension travel.
      Between bump stops or ball joint bind there's only 5" of travel. Motion ratio is near 2:1, so you really only need a 2.5" stroke shock to get 5" of wheel travel.
      Britt, Do you have a shock part number or length of full coil over that works when you combine the Chicane kit with the Ride tech A-Arms?
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Please remember you can also do the same modification to the upper control arm mount to gain the geometry benifet PLUS you don't need to remove the coil over to adjust the ride height.
      and why mix all the different suspension companies components??? what is BETTER about the CA 4 link that isn't about the SPEEDTECH Torque Arm ????
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Thanks for all responses, I'm going to go with the chicane kit like originally planned. I plan to take the car to try autocross, but it will be on the street 95% of the time. Now, I gotta get back in the garage and finish up this mini tub haha.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com