Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 102

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      FL
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States

      68 Firebird - Build My Way - UnProEverything

      Hi Crew,



      Long time reader of Pro-Touring.com and now it is my turn. I have learned a lot on this site for my ride. What to do and what NOT to do, what style I like and what I do not like. I like that there are some rust buckets (like mine) and some really pro stuff on this site. Seems that everybody just wants to enjoy cars and I like that!

      Well, I started working on cars in JR High and my first car back in the 90's was a 1968 Firebird. I am proud to say I still have that rust bucket. I drove it in High school, killed the 400 in it, put in an awesome 389, killed it and put in another 400 and it died too. They were all used engines but were fun. I parked the car at my parents when I went to college, then got married and after finishing my masters degree brought it home. As you see here, it needed LOTS of attention. It did not run but did have lots of RUST. I am in FL so the wet environment brings rust.

      This is my journey and it is going to be built my way (slow and on a budget). I brought the car home back in 2005, shortly after bringing it home my wife delivered our first child, so it sat for more time. As my daughter got older I worked on it more. Well, one kid was fun, so lets add to the mix, we had another child and then slowly worked on it more. Made what I consider good progress, got it running and got wheels and then we had our last kid in spring of 2013. Not much progress until this past Christmas when I did more work, I am looking forward to this next stage to finish up a few things and get it out on the road.

      These pictures are of it back in 1999 and when I brought it home in 2005. I will post some of the work I did since I brought it home.
      Name:  1968_Firebird_101999.jpg
Views: 4117
Size:  135.7 KBName:  1968_Firebird_032005.JPG
Views: 4167
Size:  148.4 KBName:  1968_Firebird_042005.jpg
Views: 3951
Size:  198.9 KB





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com