Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 24
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Ocean Springs, MS
      Posts
      84
      Country Flag: United States

      1st gen - ls - TwinTurbo - w/AC

      Before I go all overboard and jump down a rabbit hole of measuring the entire front end I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has gone here. I've seen a bunch of TwinT setups here on the forum but have yet to see one w/AC. W/out ditching the fender wells all together has anyone fit a TT setup in a 1st gen F-body and had an AC? If so what LS bracket setup did you use and what was your basic layout? My car is ready to pop it's head out of paint jail by xmas and then it's a few months of motor setup! I was hoping to do a small TT setup but AC is not an option, it's a necessity, as I plan on driving the car and not just showing it. It also doesn’t help I live in the muggiest place on the planet second only to the rain forest in the summer! Who has all this fitment knowledge already?

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Cape Coral, FL
      Posts
      323
      Country Flag: United States
      68 Camaro LS7 twin turbo with a/c http://www.schwartzperformance.com/p...x?projectid=28

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      this was in a 64 Chevelle, but would have fit a first gen Camaro also. I used the Vintage air system, worked great.

      Name:  malitude 768.jpg
Views: 9117
Size:  119.6 KBName:  malitude 767.jpg
Views: 8752
Size:  181.0 KBName:  100_0790r.jpg
Views: 24461
Size:  164.4 KB

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Ocean Springs, MS
      Posts
      84
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow that looks great! I tried to find some info on the site but I only saw some WILD pics! LOL Are those 1-off headers you used or off the shelf items?What is the turbo and blow off valve combo? Also, I haven't seen to many inverted turbo setups. Did you have any issues w/ oil drain back to the pan since they're inverted? BTW, Thanks for the response. This is exactly what I was looking for!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by duckmanjbr View Post
      Wow that looks great! I tried to find some info on the site but I only saw some WILD pics! LOL Are those 1-off headers you used or off the shelf items?What is the turbo and blow off valve combo? Also, I haven't seen to many inverted turbo setups. Did you have any issues w/ oil drain back to the pan since they're inverted? BTW, Thanks for the response. This is exactly what I was looking for!
      those headers came from Tom Nelson racing. The turbos are Precision 6776RE liquid cooled ball bearing turbos, the wastegates are Tial 38mm I think. Blowoff was a single 44mm Tial. Turbos can be clocked 360 degrees, so I have the inlets clocked to what fit best for the car and air filters I used, and in the center section the oil drain is still the normal in at the top, drain out the bottom like any other turbo.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Nashville, TN
      Posts
      142
      Country Flag: United States
      Damn that is one sick TT setup. Props to ya...
      - Matt -
      '69 Camaro


    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Ocean Springs, MS
      Posts
      84
      Country Flag: United States
      Jody, Thanks for the info! This gives me some direction and some insight to getting my setup done. Hopefully I'll have something working in a few!

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 6D9 Matt View Post
      Damn that is one sick TT setup. Props to ya...
      thanks Matt. It was a lot of fun, and the car was so subtle outside people were shocked when the hood was opened.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Posts
      467
      Very nice, Jody! I also see some things I'm going to pay the ultimate compliment to by shamelessly copying them

      I have been debating where to put the LS2 truck coils and your solution is very sano.

      Jim
      Don't take a knife to a gunfight.

      Half-Assed = Half-Fast

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
      Very nice, Jody! I also see some things I'm going to pay the ultimate compliment to by shamelessly copying them

      I have been debating where to put the LS2 truck coils and your solution is very sano.

      Jim
      perfect, I do the same. If I see a better way to do something I adopt it.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Orangevale, Ca
      Posts
      147
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
      this was in a 64 Chevelle, but would have fit a first gen Camaro also. I used the Vintage air system, worked great.

      Name:  malitude 768.jpg
Views: 9117
Size:  119.6 KBName:  malitude 767.jpg
Views: 8752
Size:  181.0 KBName:  100_0790r.jpg
Views: 24461
Size:  164.4 KB
      That is SUPER clean...

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Knoxville TN
      Posts
      94
      Country Flag: United States
      That engine looks awesome. Very clean turbo setup

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      thanks guys, that was my favorite car. Wish I still had it.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      549
      Country Flag: United States
      My turbo setup isn't as high qaulity as the one posted here on the chevelle but I could run a low mount ac compressor on mine if I wanted to. I just haven't had the funds for AC yet. I have plenty of room low.Name:  engine.jpg
Views: 11814
Size:  53.8 KB
      David Butler
      "If you're not first, you're last"
      67 Camaro Twin Turbo SBC (changing from Blow-thru to Holley HP EFI)

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      1,303
      Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
      this was in a 64 Chevelle, but would have fit a first gen Camaro also. I used the Vintage air system, worked great.

      Name:  100_0790r.jpg
Views: 24461
Size:  164.4 KB
      I love that engine bay pic

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by DButler View Post
      My turbo setup isn't as high qaulity as the one posted here on the chevelle but I could run a low mount ac compressor on mine if I wanted to. I just haven't had the funds for AC yet. I have plenty of room low.Name:  engine.jpg
Views: 11814
Size:  53.8 KB
      I like it. Very neat and detailed. Tough to get twin turbos to look clean, there's a lot going on. You did a very nice job.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 1969CamaroRS View Post
      I love that engine bay pic
      thank you Ed.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      206
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
      this was in a 64 Chevelle, but would have fit a first gen Camaro also. I used the Vintage air system, worked great.

      Name:  malitude 768.jpg
Views: 9117
Size:  119.6 KB
      Looks great! What hydroboost/master setup is that?
      WWW.SPEEDINC.COM 1957 Eldorado Brougham.......in progress

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Aug 2001
      Location
      Wilton, CA. (Sacramento)
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by INTMD8 View Post
      Looks great! What hydroboost/master setup is that?
      Paul at Hydratech custom made that one for me. His booster with a Viper master. That master is shorter than the normal ones he uses and gave me the extra room I needed for exhaust clearance.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      206
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the info, that's a nice looking setup.

      WWW.SPEEDINC.COM 1957 Eldorado Brougham.......in progress


    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com