Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 19 of 19
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: United States

      Hello from Madison, Wi

      Hey out there. I'm new to the site and I am currently working on a 1981 Malibu. I am new to what goes into the protouring cars and I am new to the site. the car has a 406 sbc with a th350, but i want to switch over to a 700r4. I was hoping to find some help on here about what you guys are using and some tricks for these cars.



      Thanks guys,
      Jake


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome Jake! Nice choice in the Malibu! Good to see some more WI people!

      Any intentions on getting to the track (road course)?

      I run with Midwestern Council:
      http://www.mcscc.org/autocross.php

      The high speed autocross is full laps (no cones) on local road courses. It is a blast in big V-8 american iron! They also offer some good driver's schools.

      PM me if you can make an event.

      Oh, and how about some pics!
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Belle Plaine, MN
      Posts
      1,221
      Country Flag: United States
      We'll be at Road America this coming weekend. You should stop up and say hello- and maybe watch us have a little fun. Bring a camera!

      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=64756
      Scott Parkhurst


      2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Middleton, Wisconsin
      Posts
      95
      Welcome to the site! I'm in Middleton. Post up some pics, we loves us some Malibus!!
      Ron B - 1966 Ford Cortina work in progress. 5,0HO, T-5, 8inch with 3.00s, Megasquirt ECU, rollin'on 52 inches!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      604
      Quote Originally Posted by Eggy44 View Post
      Hey out there. I'm new to the site and I am currently working on a 1981 Malibu. I am new to what goes into the protouring cars and I am new to the site. the car has a 406 sbc with a th350, but i want to switch over to a 700r4. I was hoping to find some help on here about what you guys are using and some tricks for these cars.

      Thanks guys,
      Jake
      Welcome to the site. Nice to have another Madtown guy here.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard! nice too see another g-body!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll try to post pics up as soon as possible.

      Also to the people that have g-body's, what are the best websites for protouring parts for these cars?

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Boonville, Missouri
      Posts
      924
      Welcome aboard - I've always liked the body style of the Malibu.
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      See Illumin8s at www.illumin8s.com

      '73 Dodge Challenger

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey guys im trying to upload pics on here but im getting errors. i think my pictures are too big.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      1,240
      Country Flag: United States
      Go Badgers!




      . . . sorry, it's just what comes to mind when I hear Madison. Welcome to the site.
      Brett H.

      1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

      1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: United States
      I know man. die hard badger fan right here!!!!!

      does anybody know how to post pics, ive tried and i wasn't able to. It said that I had an error and I don't know what's wrong with the pics so if anybody could help, that would be great.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      I use photobucket dot com. It is a free hosting site. You download there from your computer, then use links from there to post images here.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey guys, got some pics. here is what im starting with. its pushing around 450hp to 500. never dyno'd it yet. Here is some pics.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      604
      Quote Originally Posted by Eggy44 View Post
      Hey guys, got some pics. here is what im starting with. its pushing around 450hp to 500. never dyno'd it yet. Here is some pics.
      Cool Malibu. Do you ever bring it to Quaker Steak on Thursdays? I'm taking the Cutlass if the weather is good. I'm also taking it to the Cars on State. Hope to see you out there.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: United States
      Ill try to make it to quaker steak but im not gonna be at cars on state with the car. might be there just walking around. i still got a bad vibration in the car. feels like its right underneath my seat when i go over 50 mph.
      Anybody got any thoughts on this problem?

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Boonville, Missouri
      Posts
      924
      Exhaust hitting the floor or a bad front u-joint. My guess!
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      See Illumin8s at www.illumin8s.com

      '73 Dodge Challenger

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      48
      welcome to the site
      I'm in the madison area also
      good luck with the g-body
      I was looking for one of these when I found my Impala

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: United States
      i think the u-joints are bad at both ends which prolly doesn't help. its got the stock driveshaft in it so could it maybe be out of balance?




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com