Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 31
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      25

      GM Guy in Sacramento CA.

      Hi, I'm Carl O. I was referred to this site by a friend a few years back and have been a lurker ever since.

      I currently work for a Canadian IT consulting company as a facilities manager in Rancho Cordova. I have seven cars, mostly 60s GM, and about eight motorcycles in various states of repair. I play guitar, bass, piano, and I sing. Currently I play guitar in a punk band.

      I'm also into photography and although I don't have the best gear I have sold a few shots here and there. This is me shooting at the 2009 optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational, photo by Tony Huntimer.


      And one I took.


      Although I'm not currently working in the industry I did work for a chassis and suspension company for a bit over a year and maintain close ties to many of my former colleagues. Several of them are also on the board.

      I started in the power sports industry at a motorcycle parts and accessories retailer which lead me from riding dirt bikes to sport bikes and eventually to open track days. I raced a little bit before the sponsorship money ran out.





      Now I am back to running open track days as often as time permits with my two loves below.





      I don't have any pictures of my cars that I feel are worthy to post here. My main project car is a 69 el Camino. I'm running an all iron big block and mostly stock suspension. This car was handed it down to me a couple years ago by my dad. He had built the car to be a daily driver and weekend warrior. My dad brought home his first drag racing trophy in the 60s, and was subsequently grounded, and he bracket raced this el Camino almost weekly at Sears Point for many years.

      I have big plans for this car to be completed in the next six months. It will be receiving a complete front and rear suspension system as well as upgraded brakes and a set of Rushforth wheels. It will be auto-crossed here in Sacramento and the plan is to run it at the Good Guys events as well. I'll have some pictures up before too long and will add them to this post at that time.

      Hope to meet a few of you soon,
      Carl
      Don't take me seriously, I'm really a pretty nice guy.

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard Carl!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      El Dorado Hills
      Posts
      1,645
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard neighbor!

      Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Auburn, CA
      Posts
      613
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome! Looks like we will have a Sacramento area following enough to have meetings soon.
      Tim Tracy
      68 Camaro 496 / T56 - Never Finished
      68 Camaro Real Z/28 - Under Restoration
      67 Camaro Project - Never going to have time

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      25
      Thanks guys. I'm up in Citrus Heights. Working on the el Camino right now trying to get some little things handled so I can run it at Mather on Saturday. This will be my first auto-cross ever so it should be interesting and a learning experience. Do any of the other local PT guys hit up these events?
      Don't take me seriously, I'm really a pretty nice guy.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      El Dorado Hills
      Posts
      1,645
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by TT302Z28 View Post
      Welcome! Looks like we will have a Sacramento area following enough to have meetings soon.
      Great idea, need to set up some track days

      Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      El Dorado Hills
      Posts
      1,645
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
      Thanks guys. I'm up in Citrus Heights. Working on the el Camino right now trying to get some little things handled so I can run it at Mather on Saturday. This will be my first auto-cross ever so it should be interesting and a learning experience. Do any of the other local PT guys hit up these events?
      Never have, i'm in El dorado Hills, can I show and go Saturday?

      Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      25
      Looks like we've switched to Sunday instead. Registration is open until 7:45 and reopens at 9 or something. I have a feeling we'll be the only two 60s cars there. My el Camino is gold and Tim's 'stang is a powder blue 65 GT. Stop by and say hi.

      http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Sacramento/Cup20104.htm

      Don't take me seriously, I'm really a pretty nice guy.


    10. #10
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      El Dorado Hills
      Posts
      1,645
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
      Looks like we've switched to Sunday instead. Registration is open until 7:45 and reopens at 9 or something. I have a feeling we'll be the only two 60s cars there. My el Camino is gold and Tim's 'stang is a powder blue 65 GT. Stop by and say hi.

      http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Sacramento/Cup20104.htm
      Make that 3 60,s cars, close enough I wont have to trailor it, see you there!! (Unless the wife comes up with something I was supposed to do)

      Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Butte County, CA
      Posts
      122
      Yuba City!

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      25
      Quote Originally Posted by Gitter Dun View Post
      Make that 3 60,s cars, close enough I wont have to trailor it, see you there!! (Unless the wife comes up with something I was supposed to do)
      Tell her it's marriage counseling.
      Don't take me seriously, I'm really a pretty nice guy.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      36
      Yup, if you want some good laughs, come watch a drag racer autocross a concours stock 65 Mustang!
      We will be doing a complete transformation on Carl's El Camino, and we need a baseline for comparison, so my Mustang got dragged into this....bottom line, both of us will be driving both cars to get "before" numbers. After we do the complete Speedtech/ATS transformation on the Elky, we will both run both cars again for the "After" numbers. Should be a blast!
      Tim
      Tim McCain

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      El Dorado Hills
      Posts
      1,645
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddiecougar View Post
      Yup, if you want some good laughs, come watch a drag racer autocross a councours stock 65 Mustang!
      We will be doing a complete transformation on Carl's El Camino, and we need a baseline for comparison, so my Mustang got dragged into this....bottom line, both of us will be driving both cars to get "before" numbers. After we do the complete Speedtech/ATS transformation on the Elky, we will both run both cars again for the "After" numbers. Should be a blast!
      Tim
      Should be a FINE TIME lol, lookin forward to meeting some lokal yokals!

      Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      25
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddiecougar View Post
      Yup, if you want some good laughs, come watch a drag racer autocross a councours stock 65 Mustang!
      We will be doing a complete transformation on Carl's El Camino, and we need a baseline for comparison, so my Mustang got dragged into this....bottom line, both of us will be driving both cars to get "before" numbers. After we do the complete Speedtech/ATS transformation on the Elky, we will both run both cars again for the "After" numbers. Should be a blast!
      Tim
      PSsssshhhtt! Tim, you're giving away all my secrets. Haha!
      Don't take me seriously, I'm really a pretty nice guy.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      36
      I meant CONCOURS....geez, learn to spell.....
      Tim McCain

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      25
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddiecougar View Post
      I meant CONCOURS....geez, learn to spell.....
      If you look at the bottom right of your previous post you will see a little button that says 'edit.' See it? Ok, good. Try using it next time you make a spelling error.
      Don't take me seriously, I'm really a pretty nice guy.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      El Dorado Hills
      Posts
      1,645
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
      PSsssshhhtt! Tim, you're giving away all my secrets. Haha!
      I'll be sure to remember my vid camera, do we have a pro-tourings funniest video forum?

      Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      36
      Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
      If you look at the bottom right of your previous post you will see a little button that says 'edit.' See it? Ok, good. Try using it next time you make a spelling error.
      OK, dickwad......I fixed my post. Slacker.
      Tim McCain

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      25
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddiecougar View Post
      OK, dickwad......I fixed my post. Slacker.
      Gotta live up to my signature line. Thanks for the help with everything so far. Let's push my Rambler out in the rain so we can start working on Freddie.
      Don't take me seriously, I'm really a pretty nice guy.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com