Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 437
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      291
      Quote Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
      Nice project...love that model. Car based "utes" are very popular here in Australia.
      Weld up the panel and put the filler neck in the tray - forward corner. I did that with my ute I owned a while back.
      I second that. Flip it around and move it into the bed. Maybe you could cut a new door on the inside of the bed and move the old hinges to the new opening. Then weld up the outside. Don't know elkys so I don't if that would work, just a thought.
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States
      Don't want to put it inside the bed. My current daily driver is a '65 Chevy truck. It's got an under-bed tank in it, and the filler is through the floor. Makes for a real hassle when you've got to haul anything, then need to fill up the tank.

      I bought this sucker...
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Weld-...item2ea793d6dc

      And am going to hide it under a piece of trim I can put on a hinge (maybe) or jut put it somewhere discreet.

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Dallas TX
      Posts
      1,633
      I like that idea. Can you fit it under the corner trim and hinge it?



    5. #25
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
      I like that idea. Can you fit it under the corner trim and hinge it?
      Mind reader!

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States
      Just paid for a pair of seats. Out of an '09 Lincoln Zephyr. The car had less than 3000 miles on it. Leather, power, heated, etc. I love the feel of a modern "luxury" car seat...the bolsters are going to be just right for a daily driver. Wanted something low-back with squared shoulders so they would look right in the car. With the headrests pulled out, I think they will do the trick.


    7. #27
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Fort Myers, FL
      Posts
      1,003
      wow those are some nice looking seats. i agree with the headrest off those will look as if they are ment to be there.
      Chris Smock aka Blazed67
      1967 Firebird Convertible- Tough Luck- never ending
      2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T- the new DD
      2006 Suzuki SV1000R- greatly missed

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States
      First mock up of the new wheels. I like em...but will get a better idea of how much after the stance is fixed. They actually fit pretty well, the offset is almost perfect, if not a little too shallow.





      Started playing with the fuel filler.








      The interior is completely gutted, will start on the floorboards next weekend. Removed all the inside and under hood wiring, started on front clip stuff. My other cars have become storage bins...



      Finally, here's my "new" front clip.


    9. #29
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      830
      im liking that roadster pickup whats the deal with that?
      Rob M.

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States
      Disassembly continues...rain? What rain?







      Seats showed up finally, going to work out well. Also pulled the trigger on a Vintage Air setup so I can get that installed while I've got everything apart. Went with the all electronic Gen IV "Magnum" setup. Going to be the first car I've had with A/C in about 3 years, and only the second overall!

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      1,797
      Country Flag: Australia
      Nice work...I like what you did with the filler.
      Regards,
      Leigh

      Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      352
      Sweet project! I love the 66-67 elkys. I'm working on a 67 300 dlx right now. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States
      Ahh, much better!

    15. #35
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Oxnard Califas.
      Posts
      62
      Keep on wrenchin, I'm keeping tabs on this build. I bet its going to come out alright.
      The Blurr!

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St Louis, MO
      Posts
      373
      Love these trucks. My dad is building a 67 that I bought him for Christmas.

      I however seem to be the minority here and don't like those wheels at all. As long as you like them.


    18. #38
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok, so still no major progress. But most of my parts are here. Going to pick up a radiator tomorrow.

      All my front end stuff (brakes, spindles, etc.), Vintage Air GEN IV system, new carpet...



    19. #39
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      LYNCHBURG,OHIO
      Posts
      512
      Country Flag: United States
      Is that your 60-66 truck in that last pic?
      Greg Tholen
      GT Motorsports
      Dealer for Wilwood,Baer,Viking,Moser,BMR,Earl's
      (937)763-7272

    20. #40
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States
      Yup, this is the current daily. '65...'63 grill. It's a beater but it gets me around!

    Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com