Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 14 of 14
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Riverside, California
      Posts
      37

      New Year, New Member

      First off, happy new year everyone! I can't believe I have not run across this website before now. You know what they say, better late then never. My stable of cars is now down to just one, but maybe now I can concentrate on my car and "git r done".

      I have a '72 Cutlass with over 360 thousand miles on the original engine and chassis. It was my daily driver for many years up until this Christmas, when I decided to "retire" it. The plan is to give my Cutlass the full pro-touring treatment. I will be doing my own frame-off and will no doubt be referring to this forum for advise. Let the fun begin...
      Frank the Crank
      "You could eat lunch between those shifts!"
      www.amberlightgarage.com

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Washington,D.C.
      Posts
      25
      Welcome to pro-touring.com sir.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Copperas Cove, TX
      Posts
      325
      Welcome, I sure do love Olds. Lets see some pictures.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Florida (Tampa Bay Area)
      Posts
      100
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome, from another '72 Cutlass owner.
      Kyle

      1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme:
      Hotchkis TVS
      SC&C Stage II+
      SPC Tubular Lower Control Arms
      Rushforth Super Spokes 19/20 brushed/polished
      Olds 455 Build
      200-4R Transmission (CK Performance Full Billet Pro Street/Strip)
      10bolt 8.5" w/Truetrac, 3.73 gears, Moser 30spline axles

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      Welcome to the forum. Glad to have another Oldsmobile here.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      604
      Welcome from a 65 Cutlass owner. You should check out my thread on "Project Olds." Some of what we are doing may apply to your project.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      350,000 miles is a lot of memories. Sounds like an awesome idea to give the car the pro-touring treatment and start making some new memories.
      Stephen

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Riverside, California
      Posts
      37
      Quote Originally Posted by cmraman View Post
      Welcome from a 65 Cutlass owner. You should check out my thread on "Project Olds." Some of what we are doing may apply to your project.
      I have been reading about your Cutlass in PHR. The latest article on the suspension was very informative. I don't have 15k to lay out for a AME frame so I will have to do my own mods. Here is a pic of my Olds.
      ]

      Frank the Crank
      "You could eat lunch between those shifts!"
      www.amberlightgarage.com


    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Atoka, TN
      Posts
      131
      Welcome!

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      604
      Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Crank View Post
      I have been reading about your Cutlass in PHR. The latest article on the suspension was very informative. I don't have 15k to lay out for a AME frame so I will have to do my own mods. Here is a pic of my Olds.
      ]
      We used the DSE A-body kit. It works great and is very simple to install.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Sandy, OR
      Posts
      383
      Frank nice cutlass when your ready to update the suspension take a look at our tall billet spindles thry really will improve the handling on your A body

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Riverside, California
      Posts
      37
      Quote Originally Posted by L & H Kustoms View Post
      Frank nice cutlass when your ready to update the suspension take a look at our tall billet spindles thry really will improve the handling on your A body
      Luke - Thanks for the info. I will be starting from the bottom up so the suspension will be the first item I tackle.
      Frank the Crank
      "You could eat lunch between those shifts!"
      www.amberlightgarage.com

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com