Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 23
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      dallas, texas
      Posts
      127

      Project "Foolish" camaro from texas

      New to the site as a member but have been reading this forum for a while. Have a 69 camaro that has been a project for the past 4 years. The main hold up was body shop nitemares. Now that I have it back can't find time to work on it. I am motivated to start on it and finally get it done. Now that i have found motivation to start on my project I know I will find tons of great information on this site. Thanks and here are a few pics of the car.
      First paint job (only last 2 days)
















      Then the talented painter wanted to split the paint and fill in the antenna hole and this is how it sat for another year. Now it has the front end off and we are doing a few repairs that where missed at the beginning. Keep in mind that this was only supposed to be a small budget track car but started turning out to nice.....






      will keep posting pics and updating progress....

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      dallas, texas
      Posts
      127
      Will the car was back at the paint shop I decided to go ahead and pull the subframe and powdercoat it....





      While the subframe was at the powdercoaters I went ahead and had the 383 stroker freshened up and decided to go with a 700r4 trans instead since the track was out of the question now...







      I didn't want just any old intake and water pump like every other small block so I asked the painter what could he do to them to make them a little different




    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      dallas, texas
      Posts
      127
      I have all the new front suspension parts consisting of hotchkis springs swaybar and steering linkages. Also have qa1 shocks and speedtech tubular control arms uppers and lowers. I also went ahead got a dse fast ratio gear box. Getting the suspension kits was a headache in it self.This car has been a headache from the start. Setbacks after setbacks. It was a nightmare at the paint shops and I mean shops (a story for another day). I have a complete wilwood front and rear disc kit ordered that also am having the same issue as the suspension kit (can't get it sent to me on time). Now I just can't get any parts shipped to me in a timely matter. I am wondering if I am paying in the wrong currency or what. As soon as I start putting parts on the subframe I will post some new pictures. I guess its time to get to work!!!

    4. #4
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Centennial, CO
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks good! Awesome paint job. That is definetly one talented painter

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Orlando
      Posts
      73
      That car is fantastic. I hope to see that in person someday. The beast has to shine out in the sunlight.
      Scott be me name, arrggg

      06 TrailBlazer SS

      86 Buick T Type WH1

      86 Buick Grand National <RIP>

      myspace.com/irvjr

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      241
      Where in Texas? I'm stationed in Killeen.
      Eric
      '72 Full Ride Chevelle: LS7 power, Optima juice

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      533
      This is one gorgeous car. Love the paint work. Can't wait to see the whole thing done. Keep up the great work.
      Sam
      Northern UT.
      '68 Camaro "Bodacious"
      '56 210 2dr "Buckshot"

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      Huntsville Alabama
      Posts
      188
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice paint! Cant wait to see the car all finished.
      DMC69-69ss350

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Dallas TX
      Posts
      1,633
      wicked air brush work.....where in TX are you?

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      11,320
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site. Bitchin' project.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      dallas, texas
      Posts
      127
      thanks guys for all the nice comments. I am located in dallas texas. Got some work done on it this weekend. I will post pics later tonight.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,635
      Sweet ride! I am digging the paint job. Your painter had some fun on that one, I'd love to see that in the sun.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      dallas, texas
      Posts
      127
      I went ahead and started a topic in the project updates section to keep posting new pictures of what has been done to the car lately. Here is the link to that thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=56470
      I will start posting the pictures on that thread from now on. Got some to post this evening of the motor on the frame and the control arms on it also

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      chattanooga tn
      Posts
      25
      hey man nice work dude car is going to be a beast



    16. #16
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Posts
      303
      Welcome to the site! Wicked Paint work!!!

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      1,797
      Country Flag: Australia
      Welcome to the site....thats a great look for your car....a different look to what others are using.....and I love the highlight painted engine.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      calgary alberta canada
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: Canada
      Nice paint I like the hood flames

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      dallas, texas
      Posts
      127
      Quote Originally Posted by pitbull73 View Post
      hey man nice work dude car is going to be a beast
      Thanks for the motivation buddy. Hope to have it completed soon.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      dallas, texas
      Posts
      127
      Quote Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
      Welcome to the site....thats a great look for your car....a different look to what others are using.....and I love the highlight painted engine.
      Yeah it is a different look than what normally is done. Thats whats funny about this car is that it has never had a definate theme or rendering stating this is the way it is going to look and be.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com