Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Seat options for 68 Camaro

So I’ve been pretty set on getting Recaro Sportster GT’s for my 68 Camaro for a while. I still love the idea and that’s still what I’m most likely to do. But that’s a little over $3k and unless something changes soon I’ll be forced to make some budget cuts somewhere because Covid has killed my business. So my question is...if I were to look for factory seats taken out of another car, what should I look for? For instance, a buddy of mine has a new ZL1 1LE and the seats in that car are really nice. I think they are made by Recaro but I’m not sure. So something like that is what I’m wondering about. What are some other OE seats that are suited for occasional track duty?

Country Flag: United States
      Stay with the Recaro's, you'll love them and wont regret it. I have the Sportsters in mine and like you said it's a big spend but well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by spacepirate View Post
      Stay with the Recaro's, you'll love them and wont regret it. I have the Sportsters in mine and like you said it's a big spend but well worth it.
      Yeah that’s been my thinking all along. That the seats are not the place to skimp. I’ve considered all of the aftermarket seats out there and if I go that route it will be the Recaros. But I recently spent an afternoon riding around in my buddy’s ZL1 and those seats were impressive. That’s what made me realize that I hadn’t considered other OE seats.

Can you fabricate? if yes, then OEM will provide a great variety of seats and probable savings. if no, then the aftermarket and their many seat brackets could actually be the cheaper option all said and done. keep the cheeks happy

I put the seats out of a 2014 Mustang GT in my '68. I really like them. I've also helped with a few other guys on here to put them in their car. Here is a link to the thread. Power seat works and the installation wasn't really that hard.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...=mustang+seats

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I cut costs on my first set of seats in my 69 and have regretted it almost instantly. I have a custom upholstered pair of Sportster CS seats on order and after sitting in them to try out, they are going to be worth every penny!

If I was pressed to, I would look for a set of Recaros out of a Porsche or an Audi. The Lambo ones are going to be too much. I think they were in some Euro Ford models as well.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

I pulled 07 Maxima seats from a yard, full 6 way power for $125. Have put 16k miles on the car and haven't had a minute of trouble from the seats, they're comfortable, have ample bolsters, and are comfortable.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Thanks for the replies. I don’t think Mustang or Maxima seats are going to give me what I’m looking for. I want bigger bolsters than that. More of a track seat. I’ll definitely take a look at the Porsche and Audi stuff. Good idea. Thanks guys.

There are also Corbeaus as well.

FRS/BRZ seats in my ‘67. They fit well with minimal modification

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com