Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 10 of 10
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States

      any Ideas Plymouth Road Runner/Satellite B-Body Pro-Touring Ideas for full chassis

      This might be a stupid question but I was wondering if any other full chassis would fit under a Plymouth Satellite other than the Schwartz performance which starts at 10K and goes up incrementally from there to probably cost more like 20K delivered.

      I know there would be some modifications cutting of the shock towers and modification of the Uni-body.

      The goal is handling I want to put a big modern 6.4 Hemi engine in this car with a 6 speed.

      Does anyone know any other options.


      I don't want to do a Magnaforce/RMS front end and then have to do the rear end as well I rather do a full frame to cover everything.

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Posts
      167
      https://www.artmorrison.com/maxg.php

      -or-

      http://www.ronsutton-racetechnology.com/

      But I don't expect that would be any cheaper.

      Depends on what you want for handling performance. These full frame replacements are at the far end of the spectrum.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      And Roadstershop but again, it would cost.

      http://roadstershop.com/galleries/1970-roadrunner/
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      23
      If a full chassis is out of reach (it sure is for me!), then maybe a chassis stiffening kit would get the job done.



      I've seen at least one used on a project here, but I don't remember which one.

      US Car Tool seems to have a good kit: http://store.uscartool.com/mopar-cha...tiffening.html


    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Posts
      167
      Quote Originally Posted by 78CobraII View Post
      If a full chassis is out of reach (it sure is for me!), then maybe a chassis stiffening kit would get the job done.

      I've seen at least one used on a project here, but I don't remember which one.

      US Car Tool seems to have a good kit: http://store.uscartool.com/mopar-cha...tiffening.html
      These are made by ART:
      http://www.autorust.com/product/tota...mopar-art-051/

      Here is a link to a picture which shows how they install:
      Torque Boxes and Frame Connectors installed on my A-body Mopar

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Lowell MI
      Posts
      50
      What about combining a rolled/wrecked SRT Challenger/Charger chassis with your body?

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      3
      Country Flag: United States
      http://www.tmmetalworks.com the last time I was there they did a full frame for mopars starting at 12000 and up

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ACworld34 View Post
      This might be a stupid question but I was wondering if any other full chassis would fit under a Plymouth Satellite other than the Schwartz performance which starts at 10K and goes up incrementally from there to probably cost more like 20K delivered.

      I know there would be some modifications cutting of the shock towers and modification of the Uni-body.

      The goal is handling I want to put a big modern 6.4 Hemi engine in this car with a 6 speed.

      Does anyone know any other options.


      I don't want to do a Magnaforce/RMS front end and then have to do the rear end as well I rather do a full frame to cover everything.
      check out Gerst Suspensions, www.gerstsuspensions.com much cheaper and pretty easy to install. I have the front and rear kit on my dart.

      And honestly, with subframe connectors and these kits, i really dont think a full chassis is gonna be all that much better

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      sac area, cal
      Posts
      43
      Quote Originally Posted by ACworld34 View Post
      This might be a stupid question but I was wondering if any other full chassis would fit under a Plymouth Satellite other than the Schwartz performance which starts at 10K and goes up incrementally from there to probably cost more like 20K delivered.

      I know there would be some modifications cutting of the shock towers and modification of the Uni-body.

      The goal is handling I want to put a big modern 6.4 Hemi engine in this car with a 6 speed.

      Does anyone know any other options.


      I don't want to do a Magnaforce/RMS front end and then have to do the rear end as well I rather do a full frame to cover everything.
      Being the owner of a 68 charger, I would have to say that unless your are heavy in the $$$$$, look for a new full chassis. Then having it put on the car. If not, the good thing for us mopar owners, there are plenty of other less expansive, PROVEN alternatives out there.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Mitchell, SD
      Posts
      19
      Country Flag: United States
      Even though its not a full chassis, Hotchkis Sport Suspension makes a awesome TVS kit for B & E body Mopars. We run the TVS kit with single adjustable shocks and leaf springs under our 70 Challenger and it handles like a dream!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com