Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 106
    1. #61
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      110
      Country Flag: Australia
      Hi, you helped me out with advice on here the other day. Thanks again. I have had the opportunity to watch a bloke I once worked with form a front fender like the Porsche one you have pictured, it's awesome seeing something like that start to finish. I regard myself as a good tradesperson and take great pride in my work, but you my friend are exceptionally talented, I could only aspire to that level of craftsmanship, you do need to come out here, because I could sit and watch you turn that stuff out all day long. I know you guys are already onto it, but this is one very talented individual. Cheers and good luck mate.

    2. #62
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by trevor572 View Post
      Hi, you helped me out with advice on here the other day. Thanks again. I have had the opportunity to watch a bloke I once worked with form a front fender like the Porsche one you have pictured, it's awesome seeing something like that start to finish. I regard myself as a good tradesperson and take great pride in my work, but you my friend are exceptionally talented, I could only aspire to that level of craftsmanship, you do need to come out here, because I could sit and watch you turn that stuff out all day long. I know you guys are already onto it, but this is one very talented individual. Cheers and good luck mate.
      Thank you,, really appreciate it.
      And it may sound stupid but I would love to make it there and tour all of the shops and look at all of the different body style cars getting built over there.
      I really love the Charger from down under.. I was researching into getting one transported to the states at one time for a build..

    3. #63
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      110
      Country Flag: Australia

      Hi mate.

      Quote Originally Posted by Auto Rod Technologies View Post
      Thank you,, really appreciate it.
      And it may sound stupid but I would love to make it there and tour all of the shops and look at all of the different body style cars getting built over there.
      I really love the Charger from down under.. I was researching into getting one transported to the states at one time for a build..
      Hi, I remember as a kid the tv adds for the valiant chargers, they started at $1800, cheaper than our ford's and holden's, the drivelines were good but the bodies suffered from rust problems.
      The other muscle cars went up in value dramatically, the charger's have gone up in value but lag behind the others. Our locally manufactured cars are soon going to be a thing of the past, the factories close down in the not to distant future and everything will come from overseas. Just too small a market I guess. I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but your first name? I can keep calling you "mate" but that's how rumours start.😊😊☺😃😊😊 Cheers Trevor.

    4. #64
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by trevor572 View Post
      Hi, I remember as a kid the tv adds for the valiant chargers, they started at $1800, cheaper than our ford's and holden's, the drivelines were good but the bodies suffered from rust problems.
      The other muscle cars went up in value dramatically, the charger's have gone up in value but lag behind the others. Our locally manufactured cars are soon going to be a thing of the past, the factories close down in the not to distant future and everything will come from overseas. Just too small a market I guess. I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but your first name? I can keep calling you "mate" but that's how rumours start.����☺������ Cheers Trevor.
      I have heard about the fact that they won't be producing their own cars anymore, bummed about that, I always liked what you guys came up with, Now everything is just going to be the same everywhere.. I'm sure there are some die hards over there that are very disappointed. Name is Chad.. lol

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Now for some 57 progress









      ​

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,862
      Country Flag: United States
      Any updates? I was enjoying this thread...

      Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

    7. #67
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      110
      Country Flag: Australia

      yeah, me too.

      Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Any updates. I was enjoying this thread...

      Don
      Yeah, I pull up at this thread regularly also looking for updates, I figure Chad is flat out at the shop or something, I am sure he'll post something in the not too distant future.

    8. #68
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Sorry fella's, I wasn't sure if I had much interest or not.. I'll get you some random updates..

      I was also down and out for a little bit fighting health issues, surgery, etc.. But I think I'm good to go and we are back to full steam!!

    9. #69
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      We made some progress on the 57' since last posting, and should see a lot of progress over the next few weeks.

      The shell was sent out for blasting, then epoxied with SPI epoxy and then we started putting the body panels back on.. Next step will be to set it on the chassis, and weld the exterior panels on.



    10. #70
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cactuss4 View Post
      holy smokes.. I may need to think about moving out of California and get to a place where folks have these kind of talents and are not so full of themselves yet. Wonderful work, creativity etc.

      Tory
      Glad you like the work, I have thought about moving to a different location many times to get more into the heart of a hot rodding town, but then I figured those areas are just to congested it in.. I think it's better to build your own market at your location.. I'm still surviving so it must be working. lol.

    11. #71
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      I've also been working on my truck a little bit. I'm still not released to ride my dirt bike so chances are there will be some more updates on this over the next few weeks..

      I made some really good progress on the bed, I have it pretty well roughed in, however I'm going to move to something else next, I'm trying to get the overall vision built, and then once I am happy with everything I can start focusing on the smaller details.

      I'm trying to add hints of originality here and there, so I made the outer bed supports so that they mimicked what would be original to the truck, I changed the bead a little and changed the radius so that it flowed into the bed towards the bottom. I could have done something that would have appeared to be more custom with much less effort but I like them this way so I think it was worth the effort.





      Last edited by Auto Rod Technologies; 09-23-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Fairies wear boots

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Since you guys have me posting pictures I am going to go back into history a little bit with this post..
      This is one of my favorite builds, I loved the fact that we saved this car, it's not pro-touring related at all but it was just a fun project and a cool car.

      Here is a before and after shot.









      And here are a few pictures from the build.







    13. #73
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      110
      Country Flag: Australia
      Hi Chad. Just on my lunch break, so I'll keep it short, glad you're on the mend and back at work. I'm looking forward to having a closer look at those posts tonight mate. One last thought on something mentioned in one of the posts, I believe with the quality of your work a lot of people will be willing to travel to you, probably not that necessary to move to a shop in another area. Just my thoughts. Cheers trevor.

    14. #74
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      110
      Country Flag: Australia
      Hi Chad, just had a good look at your posts today, the 57 and the ute are going to be sweet, I don't know what the 1930s car is, and as you mentioned it's nothing to do with "pro touring", but it's quality from top to bottom and most car people can appreciate that. Cheers Trevor.

    15. #75
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm starting to agree since we have been keeping really busy, I just want to step it up a little bit, however I think the key there is just to build one for yourself and show what can be done.
      We don't have a really strong hot rod market in my immediate area but we are not far from areas that do.

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by trevor572 View Post
      Hi Chad, just had a good look at your posts today, the 57 and the ute are going to be sweet, I don't know what the 1930s car is, and as you mentioned it's nothing to do with "pro touring", but it's quality from top to bottom and most car people can appreciate that. Cheers Trevor.

      It's a 37' Packard that we did from the ground up, we pulled it out of the guys barn and it was in really rough shape..


      There is a really funny story that goes along with that car.. Years ago this was my Grandfathers car, which was suppose to be given to my stepfather, however the family was poor and my Grandfather traded it for a keg of beer for a graduation present for my stepfather. So to make a long story short he lost his car to a keg of beer. lol.

      Many years pass and the car comes to the shop, needless to say my stepfather was very surprised to see we were restoring his old car, he was glad to see that it was being restored even though it wasn't his any more.. The owner of the car had no idea the ties to the car that any of us had. I really like 30's era cars so this just made restoring the car that much cooler.

    17. #77
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Just finished spraying this one.









      Here is a before picture


    18. #78
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Dallas TX
      Posts
      1,633
      Awesome talent and word you are doing

    19. #79
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Perth Western Australia
      Posts
      233
      Country Flag: Australia
      I just came across this thread. outstanding work Chad.

      Used to be known as tonner


    20. #80
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg from Aus View Post
      I just came across this thread. outstanding work Chad.
      Thanks... We always try to do our best..

    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com