Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Posts
      17

      American Powertrain BOP TKO 600 'Perfect Fit Kit' for Cutlass

      Hey guys,

      I am in the process of doing a frame off on my 72 Olds Cutlass. I'm trying to get away with not trimming out a bunch of my brand new floor with the 5 spd install.

      Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Any advice is helpful!

      http://americanpowertrain.com/i-8521...speed-kit.html


      Ben

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Woodstock, IL
      Posts
      2,410
      Country Flag: United States

      American Powertrain BOP TKO 600 'Perfect Fit Kit' for Cutlass

      AP can "streamline" the case to avoid floor cutting.

      -Dale

      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

      Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more


    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Waterloo, Ia
      Posts
      1,408
      Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      AP can "streamline" the case to avoid floor cutting.

      -Dale
      I know that iv'e had 2 friends that ended up cutting anyhow even with the "perfect fit" stuff. Granted they were 64-67 A body cars but it just wasn't going to happen without cutting. Are the 68-72's different?
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread


    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Posts
      17
      Hey Nick - great point. I am on the 'Classic Olds' forum and I have heard both opinions. I'd really like to get in touch with someone who has put a perfect fit kit into a 68-72 Olds recently. They aren't cheap so I just want to make sure I am good to go with that kit.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Woodstock, IL
      Posts
      2,410
      Country Flag: United States
      Not that it helps right now... but we'll be doing a swap in about 6 weeks on a 70 Chevelle

      -Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

      Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Posts
      17
      Thanks Dale - I saw the Cutlass you guys did...gorgeous car. The floor pan on this car should be exactly like that so it should be interested. I look forward to hearing about how it goes. Any other clues as to guys who have done this?

      Thank you both again...good info.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Woodstock, IL
      Posts
      2,410
      Country Flag: United States

      American Powertrain BOP TKO 600 'Perfect Fit Kit' for Cutlass

      Thanks
      That cutlass was one of my favorite builds. The handling and comfort is ridiculously amazing.

      Send me a PM or email in a few weeks about the Chevelle if you want. I might forget about this thread lol.

      [email protected]
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

      Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      8
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 72olds View Post
      Hey guys,

      I am in the process of doing a frame off on my 72 Olds Cutlass. I'm trying to get away with not trimming out a bunch of my brand new floor with the 5 spd install.

      Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Any advice is helpful!

      http://americanpowertrain.com/i-8521...speed-kit.html


      Ben
      We perform the same streamlining process on the trans case but cutting is still required in most (not all) cases when you keep the driveline angles within spec. Body mount condition/height plays a big role in the final outcome and whether or not you want to hang the trans too low.

      Jeff




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com