Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Results 61 to 74 of 74
    1. #61
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Update - trophied at the ProSolo Finale - quite a ways off the winner, but not bad considering the competition and that it's only the car's 4th event, and only the second event where I got to take all my runs-
      http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build/?p=2011



      Looking ahead now to Thursday/Friday and the National Championships!



    2. #62
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Union Mo
      Posts
      343
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by j-rho View Post
      Update - trophied at the ProSolo Finale - quite a ways off the winner, but not bad considering the competition and that it's only the car's 4th event, and only the second event where I got to take all my runs-
      http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build/?p=2011

      Looking ahead now to Thursday/Friday and the National Championships!
      Very cool. Congrats. I have enjoyed looking through your thread & website. Thanks for posting

    3. #63
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States

    4. #64
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      432
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome! next SOLO2 trophy.....Then you can celebrate by showing it to all of us at the next SDR event Is it Hot up in Nebraska?It's hot here

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Here's a pic someone took from over the weekend. I *think* it is under slight braking, though the butt of the car is kinda high right now with so little spacer block...
      Name:  1025502_504698602948134_533247170_o.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  65.7 KB

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States
      I thought you switched to the CCWs

    7. #67
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Mountain View, CA
      Posts
      9,583
      Country Flag: United States
      Damn, that is sexy!

      You appear much less "busy" in the cockpit than in previous videos. Less technical course or a better sorted setup?

      Quote Originally Posted by j-rho View Post
      Update - trophied at the ProSolo Finale - quite a ways off the winner, but not bad considering the competition and that it's only the car's 4th event, and only the second event where I got to take all my runs-
      http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build/?p=2011

      Looking ahead now to Thursday/Friday and the National Championships!

      True T.

      Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?


      Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

      My blog

      When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

    8. #68
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Quote Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
      Damn, that is sexy!

      You appear much less "busy" in the cockpit than in previous videos. Less technical course or a better sorted setup?
      Mostly the latter - the tires I'm on now are a bit better, and I've had a little more time in the car. The Pro Finale was really only the car's 4th event, so I am still in the very early stages of tuning, and in getting used to the car.

      The National Championships start today, very excited!

    9. #69
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      432
      Country Flag: United States
      I saw in the SCCA SOLO 2 National Tour FINALS results."Tough Competition..was it 59 cars in your class STX? The first 26 all in one second of each other All on BFG or HANKOOKS.You had Dunlops. A techie question You also have Hankooks.Would that of made a difference if you used them?

    10. #70
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Hi George,
      Not sure it would have helped a lot - the Hankooks need heat, and as a single driver, would have been tough to keep them warm enough. The Dunlops felt good and performed similarly on the practice course.

      I broke a pushrod on day 1 which limited performance there, and just didn't drive that great on either of those two days.

    11. #71
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      432
      Country Flag: United States
      Some may not know ,But it is a combined lap time.Best lap out of three 1st day added to best lap out of three 2nd day.Bummer ,Broken push rod on the first day.You must of done much better the second day to only loose a second over two days.?

      I saw that Gary Thomason won SS in the Viper and,Jonathon L won STR? in his S 2000 we had a few others out of San Diego to win their class.A guy in Ramona won in ESP with a Subaru.A local guy I don't think I ever met.There was a good showing of SDR there mixed with 1200 entries that's a lot!

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228

    13. #73
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      San Jose, CA
      Posts
      4,210
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like fun! Cool project.
      Do you change the camber for the street?

      Tony Huntimer
      TestCarDatabase.com
      @Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

    14. #74
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Hi Tony,
      Some thread revival!
      Car doesn't get much street use, so no. With some massaging of the front inner fenders and a tall spindle, I'd probably reduce static negative camber to something like -3.5.

      As long as you keep the toe at zero, the camber doesn't wear tires too badly by itself - just depends on the balance of straight-line street driving vs. hard cornering.

      I'm encouraged by the changes made to the SCCA's CAM class this year. With one more key step - a minimum front axle weight (1700 pounds total) and some limit on front wheel/tire (so people can still make street u-turns) I think the class will be to a good starting point. Great attendance by the CAM gang at the SCCA's San Diego Tour this past weekend.

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com