Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 90
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Posts
      117
      Country Flag: Canada
      I like the hood pins and matching trim around the air cleaner and exhaust should look cool. I hear ya on the body drop being allot of work, who knows maybe down the road you might want to tackle something like that. The first time I had my truck together I didnt body drop it and I didnt like it so I pulled it apart again haha and it was all down hill from there, still havent driven the stupid thing since then but it should be worth it in the long run.

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada
      Thats funny! thats why I don't want to go down that road. I dont want it to sit. I have all the parts I need to do a four link and new rear end but I'm always worried that I will start it and not finish it... Our winter's been so long I want to enjoy it.
      I just got my membership for the Edmonton solo assn. which is in charge of the autocrossing out here. I actually started buying everything I needed to upgrade the front suspension.
      I picked up spc upper a-arms, long balljoints, then I went to order the qa1 from summit and they f'd up the delivery date. I was really choked and then i thought autocrossing starts in a couple of weeks, it'll be cool to actually feel the difference before and after the install.
      Gotta go!
      Cheers
      Gio
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada
      I finally got the trim ring bolted down and now I love how it accentuates the engine sitting crooked in the engine bay.
      I got it started up again and tomorrow will be the first drive this year and the first run with the supercharger.
      Can't wait...
      Name:  3E81B685-7321-455B-98EF-E82561FD46F2-40060-00000483650EFE34_zps9568578d.jpg
Views: 11767
Size:  283.8 KB
      Name:  D077078A-B265-4D3F-A113-65187D498FAD-40060-000004837294C870_zpsc0388ba9.jpg
Views: 4536
Size:  259.4 KB
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada

      Auto cross school tonight!

      Got my coilovers today. Thank you Matt!
      I already have my upper A's. Tonight I am going to my orientation course with the Alberta Solo Club and Saturday I am doing my first run.
      I just bought my helmet a couple of hours ago. I am stoked.
      I waited too long to order my parts but after I realized that if I'm racing weekly I can put parts on as I go and see the improvement. I already have lowering springs and spindles but now with the coilovers and a-arms etc etc I should see a huge difference in handling.
      Joining the autocross club was cool because I actually got questioned about putting the truck in an auto cross competition, as soon as I mentioned my intent and that I have a thread on this site.... Instant street cred... "welcome aboard"
      I will keep you posted.

      Cheers!
      Gio
      Name:  CA667A1A-6AEF-4FB1-88BC-38A5D6A48184-18867-0000021B233CE425_zps3d68ea34.jpg
Views: 4098
Size:  102.1 KB
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice, I'm a big fan of 1st Gen S10 Blazers.
      Awesome........................................... ...

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada
      Thanks Tig!
      I'm a bigger fan after this weekend. I went to my first autocross school here in Edmonton and I got to meet a guy name Nolan from Moretto Motorsports who has a 1991 GMC Syclone with a 427 LS. Holy **** is all we could say when the guy launched. He came in fourth by the end of the day in raw times. This truck would squat and launch and handle really well. The only thing he needs is lighter rims and better tires and he will be beating the AWD Subarus and Mitsubishis. Then there was my truck...
      Everyone was all exited when they saw the little blazer with the blower until I got in it and ran the course.
      I think my truck is magnetic to cones, and it repels the road course. The stance looks good on my truck so I think people expected a bit better. But once that syclone took to the course, all eyes were on it, because it had show and go.
      I just need a few tweaks to make mine go. For starters it needs a real tuneup and timing.
      A new rear end with posi
      New rims
      New tires
      New coil overs
      Rear four link
      Ball joints
      Etc.
      I would like to do one of these by this weekend so Sunday I can try this again.

      I will post some pics tomorrow.
      Cheers!
      Gio
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      89
      I am so jealous right now....Improving your vehicle and having fun with it....Priceless. I have to wait a few more weeks before I am home able to work on my little project.

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      458
      Country Flag: United States
      The blazer looks really good. What kind of finish is the front bumper and grill? Looks a little like raw metal, very nice combo with the body color.

      Also do you have any info on the round headlight conversion?

      Thanks,
      Jerome

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Elk River, MN
      Posts
      676

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      458
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by monteboy84 View Post
      What are those hoodpins??

      -matt
      looks like aerocatch

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada
      Hey guys thanks for the kind words. The paint on the bumpers is the industrial rust oleum spray bombs. The color is stainless steel and I got it from Fastenal. In fact after you spray it it leaves a really dusty metallic powder finish that you rub out and it really does look metallic.

      The catches are from eBay. Here's the ad and it worked out really well. My measuring sucked and I had to do twice the work to make it fit. Just don't throw out the packaging as it is your template.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/281077644315...A:3160&vxp=mtr

      Cheers
      Gio
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada

      s10 Blazer suspension

      Just started my suspension upgrades Sunday night and one of the upper a-arms was mislabled and didn't fit. So I went back to the store and got the right one (for the left side).
      I started with the Viking coilover and it went quite smooth. Don't look at the rust as I want to shake the blazer down so I can go racing on the 9th.
      I will clean it up this winter.
      Cheers
      Gio

      Name:  99E36EE8-AA8F-4629-9510-A29C3DF738A3-88497-00001521FA633764_zpsbd0743ff.jpg
Views: 4338
Size:  287.0 KB
      Name:  115DC9BF-23D8-41A4-826B-7178EFC14408-88497-00001521EE2196DE_zpsb7b15d6c.jpg
Views: 5515
Size:  258.5 KB
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tornadocaster View Post
      Thanks Tig!
      I'm a bigger fan after this weekend. I went to my first autocross school here in Edmonton and I got to meet a guy name Nolan from Moretto Motorsports who has a 1991 GMC Syclone with a 427 LS. Holy **** is all we could say when the guy launched. He came in fourth by the end of the day in raw times. This truck would squat and launch and handle really well. The only thing he needs is lighter rims and better tires and he will be beating the AWD Subarus and Mitsubishis. Then there was my truck...
      Everyone was all exited when they saw the little blazer with the blower until I got in it and ran the course.
      I think my truck is magnetic to cones, and it repels the road course. The stance looks good on my truck so I think people expected a bit better. But once that syclone took to the course, all eyes were on it, because it had show and go.
      I just need a few tweaks to make mine go. For starters it needs a real tuneup and timing.
      A new rear end with posi
      New rims
      New tires
      New coil overs
      Rear four link
      Ball joints
      Etc.
      I would like to do one of these by this weekend so Sunday I can try this again.

      I will post some pics tomorrow.
      Cheers!
      Gio
      No problem man, I give credit where credit is due. And you my freind are doing an awesome job.
      That must've been an amazing time. How often have you auto-x the Blazer before that time? It must've been fun regardless of how many cones you hit or how far off you ran.
      Do you have any pics of his Sy? Did he keep his AWD? Ooopph, I'd sell my left testicle for a nice Sy both for a Ty .
      I'd concentrate on that tune/timeing. Get that out of the way and go for a run. Then go down your list
      Those aerocatch latches are sweet, they're on my list for my car.
      It must handle better with that set up up front. It looks slick.
      How'd it handle?
      Awesome job man, keep it up.

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada

      Here is the syclone video

      Name:  030BF5C9-86A1-4FF7-BF59-435F816AB73A-53692-00000603E6FB4B01_zps98b5482c.jpg
Views: 10624
Size:  338.6 KB
      Name:  499DD98E-7840-46D7-92BA-C226987E8B58-53692-00000603F36C822D_zpsc95e9b30.jpg
Views: 3942
Size:  273.1 KB
      This beast is still AWD and when Nolan the owner gets some more seat time I don't doubt he'll have the fastest raw time.

      http://s266.photobucket.com/user/10s...16db0.mp4.html
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!

    15. #35
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow, he's rollin out fo sho. And AWD at that, insane. It sounds pretty good to.

      Now, lets see yours in action
      Any updates?

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Sackville, NB, Canada
      Posts
      166
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by tornadocaster View Post
      Thanks Tig!
      I'm a bigger fan after this weekend. I went to my first autocross school here in Edmonton and I got to meet a guy name Nolan from Moretto Motorsports who has a 1991 GMC Syclone with a 427 LS. Holy **** is all we could say when the guy launched. He came in fourth by the end of the day in raw times. This truck would squat and launch and handle really well. The only thing he needs is lighter rims and better tires and he will be beating the AWD Subarus and Mitsubishis. Then there was my truck...
      Everyone was all exited when they saw the little blazer with the blower until I got in it and ran the course.
      I think my truck is magnetic to cones, and it repels the road course. The stance looks good on my truck so I think people expected a bit better. But once that syclone took to the course, all eyes were on it, because it had show and go.
      I just need a few tweaks to make mine go. For starters it needs a real tuneup and timing.
      A new rear end with posi
      New rims
      New tires
      New coil overs
      Rear four link
      Ball joints
      Etc.
      I would like to do one of these by this weekend so Sunday I can try this again.

      I will post some pics tomorrow.
      Cheers!
      Gio
      Cool! I ran my truck with the ASA for about 3 years when I lived in Edmonton - they're a great group of guys. Are they still running events at Namao or have they shut down the runway to the public? I met Nolan a few times at the SyTy Nationals events. I've never had a chance to see his truck in person but I've been following the build on syty.net. 3 or 4 syclones/typhoons ran an auto-x event at the nationals one year but they looked like dumptrucks compared the vid of Nolan's sy!
      Tyson
      '95 Firebird Formula: suspension + 315's
      '66 Mustang Coupe, 289

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada
      Hello Tyson
      They lost Namao for this year because of budget cutbacks, but word on the street is everything should be back in place by next year. those guys are a fun group, I'm one of the new guys and all of them are really supportive and welcoming. I'm trying to get my suspension dialed in for this weekend. My wife is out of town so I just have to organize a sitter and I'm off to the races.
      Cheers
      Gio

      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!


    18. #38
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Sackville, NB, Canada
      Posts
      166
      Country Flag: Canada
      They were super helpful in getting me into auto-X and teaching me what to do (on and off course). I think they got a kick out of having a truck around too, although by the time I left there were a few other S10s and a Tacoma x-runner regularly racing. Namao events are always fun since they can open up some sections and get the speeds up (100 km/h+). Say hi to Fernando for me if you make it to the event this weekend - if you haven't met him yet he's the guy with the boxy old black civic that burns a lot of oil and embarrasses cars with 4 times the horsepower!
      Tyson
      '95 Firebird Formula: suspension + 315's
      '66 Mustang Coupe, 289

    19. #39
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada
      Hello Tyson
      Fernando says hi and also his car doesn't smoke as much.
      Name:  2b4a6e27d3f46384467dc08cebc1b5c7_zps327aef30.jpg
Views: 3885
Size:  906.7 KB
      I went today as a spectator only and it was fun to watch some cars I hadn't seen before. I am not a big fan of the nissan gtr but holy crap does it go!
      Today's track was a 60 second one rather than a 50 and speeds were great.
      Cheers
      Gio
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!

    20. #40
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Sackville, NB, Canada
      Posts
      166
      Country Flag: Canada
      There was a GTR that was just starting to run regularly when I left. It always looked slow and then put down a really fast time - no drama.
      Tyson
      '95 Firebird Formula: suspension + 315's
      '66 Mustang Coupe, 289

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com