Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 89

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Shaun,

      I wouldn't use the off-road style telescoping style driveshaft on a road car. You really need a good driveshaft that will operate smoothly at high speeds. I would give Frank a call at The Driveshaft Shop. Since you are running a CTSV trans and rear end, you would just need a shorter version of his aluminum shaft that he sells for CTSVs.



      http://www.driveshaftshop.com/domest...hafts/cadillac

      The CV joint in the front will basically eliminate any concerns about driveline angles and will also have some travel for any trans and diff movements.

      Andrew
      Thanks for the input Andrew.

      I questioned wether a telescoping shaft would be able to deal w the RPMs this will face.

      I shot off an email to the company you linked. I'm sure they are nice pieces, but the cost of the ones linked is a bit scary. I see they also offer the conversion blocks to change from the 3 bolt to the more typical 4. However, at $149 each (times 2) that isn't necessarily cheaper...

      I also shot off an email to Tom Woods. We'll see what I find out. I'm told conversion to a slip yoke is as straight forward as unbolting the flange, and cutting off the alignment dowel. What I read on sources reference converting CTS-V T-56s to F-body style, I was put off by the complexity and cost. But then, maybe most others also sought to convert to the F-bpdy rear shift position. In all honesty doing that would solve two problems for me. I'll check into that option also.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com