Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 89

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      I was able to finish off the aluminum panels.

      My LS9 cam came in. I have been asked, why use a cam intended for a forced induction engine. The reason is it is similar in specs to an LS7 cam, and I have friends who have had success w LS7 cams in L92s. The LS7 cam is more aggressive in an actual LS7 though due to its 1.8 rockers (as apposed to the 1.7s on most LS engines). Oh, and it is $120 new as apposed to around $400 for the LS7 or most any LS cam... Can anyone explain that?



      LS9 cam specs: 211/230 .558/.552 (or.562 according to some internet sources...) 122.5 LSA
      LS7 cam specs: 211/230 .560/.557 120 LSA
      LS6 cam specs: 204/218 .551/.547 117 LSA


      I re-used the L92 timing chain and tensioner as they were unused and the same part # as the LS9 pieces.

      I purchased a VVT delete kit from Texas Speed that has an LS2 front cover, cam sprocket, and cam sensor.


      I installed the oil pan w/out a gasket to align the front cover, and sprung for the GM sealant fro the corners.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com