Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 89

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by keithq69 View Post
      Love it, can't wait to see more progress.

      Keith
      Thanks!

      Quote Originally Posted by no go nova View Post
      Where are you getting your l92 engines from?
      They actually used to build Escalades, Tahoes, Denalis and medium duty GM trucks here in Janesville. While shopping for a late model LS engine (now almost 5 years ago) I found out the local, late model salvage picked up several L92s from GM. A freight car derailed and they bumped into each-other damaging small plastic parts and intakes. I sold off a few to members here and on Tech. I kept one for me. I had hoped to keep the VVT (new at the time) and put it in my Buick. But, I've had enough of it sitting on a stand. Time to use it!

      My powder coater dropped off some more of his work. Engine mounts, rear control arms, and the fabricated piece to mount the master cylinder (reversed):

      I sent him off with the pushrods and tie rods. They are gold anodized, but I have decided to black out most parts, leaving the fasteners as is for contrast.

      A friend of mine who has been a huge help dropped over today. We made some progress. It is starting to look like a car!




      I also got some GM parts in. My LS9 cam, timing chain and pushrod...
      I was surprised to see the timing chain was made in France of all places.

      I was more surprised that ordering "PUSH RODS" at the discounted price of $15.29 netted me exactly one push rod! I thought it was too cheap to be a set of 16, but also to much to just be one. Especially considering the description label of "push rodS". Not a big deal though since I found out my L92 push rods are the same part number as the LS9s.

      Hope to slap in the LS9 cam soon, and button up the engine!


      To that end. Can someone advise what the substance is called that GM puts in the corner of the gaskets? It is an off white and stays tacky, sort of like plumbers' putty. Though I realize thats not what it is.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by subtlez28 View Post
      ....

      To that end. Can someone advise what the substance is called that GM puts in the corner of the gaskets? It is an off white and stays tacky, sort of like plumbers' putty. Though I realize thats not what it is.
      It's donkey spunk...LOL

      I've used black RTV with success.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com