Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 89

    Threaded View

    1. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by subtlez28 View Post
      Andrew, glad you saw it. I was about to send you a PM. I did not get an official answer on the base circle, but made the same conclusion based on same rockers and push rods. One odd thing though is the LS9 listed only one part number for rocker arms, while the L92 has two (you can see they are different - one matches the LS9). Not sure what is up with that, or if it was a database error...

      Knowing the LS9 uses the same push rods, do you think I should trust them, or still get hardened push rods? I know there is room for improvement, but they would kind of be a cheap "fusible link" if something went wrong.

      Did you run the stock timing chain set up? I have read some debate on which of the two factory types is better on Tech (tensioner vs dampener). The LS9 and L92 use the same style, but different from the LS2,3 etc.
      Both the L92 and LS9 should list two different part numbers for the rocker arms, since the intake and the exhaust rockers are different. If the L92 and the LS9 pushrods are the same, I would just run them.



      I know I kept the chain, and I think I installed the LS2/3 style dampeners. They were included in the "kit" that I got which had the proper cam gear.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com