Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 89

    Threaded View

    1. #5
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Hey Shaun,

      Glad to see this posted here.



      So what was the final verdict on the LS9 cam base circle? From the sound of it, the LS9 and the L92 share pushrods, which tells me that the came base circles are the same. Right?

      Andrew
      Andrew, glad you saw it. I was about to send you a PM. I did not get an official answer on the base circle, but made the same conclusion based on same rockers and push rods. One odd thing though is the LS9 listed only one part number for rocker arms, while the L92 has two (you can see they are different - one matches the LS9). Not sure what is up with that, or if it was a database error...

      Knowing the LS9 uses the same push rods, do you think I should trust them, or still get hardened push rods? I know there is room for improvement, but they would kind of be a cheap "fusible link" if something went wrong.

      Did you run the stock timing chain set up? I have read some debate on which of the two factory types is better on Tech (tensioner vs dampener). The LS9 and L92 use the same style, but different from the LS2,3 etc.

      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Tip of the day: If you have the engine on a stand, you can flip it upside down and not sweat the lifters potentially falling down as you are swapping the cam.

      Andrew

      Good tip! Matt and I were discussing how you can spin the cam, and the plastic retainers hold the lifters up. But then, I'm not the trusting kind, so upside down would have been a good safety measure.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com