Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 902

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      Chicago suburbia
      Posts
      228
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      Tell us about the mechanism you've built here for your spoiler! What kind of power strut is that? How long does it take to motor up? How much force can it take? Are you doing something speed activated or it'll be switched manually?
      You've done some amazing work here. You are building a car in your shop that the factory could not have built. Great work!

      '69 Charger TT Viper project - SOLD
      '65 Mustang Shelby clone project "almost done"


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Cop Magnet View Post
      Tell us about the mechanism you've built here for your spoiler! What kind of power strut is that? How long does it take to motor up? How much force can it take? Are you doing something speed activated or it'll be switched manually?
      You've done some amazing work here. You are building a car in your shop that the factory could not have built. Great work!
      I had been thinking the car will need more downforce than it was going to get from the factory design but I did not want to ruin the look of the car. When I was driving home from work one afternoon I pull up next to a Chrysler Crossfire and I knew that was it. I purchased the guts of a Crossfire off eBay for under $150. I told my body guy what I wanted done and he looked at me like I was crazy. He now thinks it is one of the coolest parts of the build. ��

      It only takes about 3 seconds to fully lift and is really a pretty stout piece. I plan on using a Lingenfelter switch that is tied into the VSS. It will also have a switch for manual override. Here is a video of it working.
      https://youtu.be/KCKkLgiAfoo

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      Chicago suburbia
      Posts
      228
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I had been thinking the car will need more downforce than it was going to get from the factory design but I did not want to ruin the look of the car. When I was driving home from work one afternoon I pull up next to a Chrysler Crossfire and I knew that was it. I purchased the guts of a Crossfire off eBay for under $150. I told my body guy what I wanted done and he looked at me like I was crazy. He now thinks it is one of the coolest parts of the build. ��

      It only takes about 3 seconds to fully lift and is really a pretty stout piece. I plan on using a Lingenfelter switch that is tied into the VSS. It will also have a switch for manual override. Here is a video of it working.
      https://youtu.be/KCKkLgiAfoo
      Thank you and keep up the great work!
      '69 Charger TT Viper project - SOLD
      '65 Mustang Shelby clone project "almost done"

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Prescott, AZ
      Posts
      206
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I had been thinking the car will need more downforce than it was going to get from the factory design but I did not want to ruin the look of the car. When I was driving home from work one afternoon I pull up next to a Chrysler Crossfire and I knew that was it. I purchased the guts of a Crossfire off eBay for under $150. I told my body guy what I wanted done and he looked at me like I was crazy. He now thinks it is one of the coolest parts of the build. ��

      It only takes about 3 seconds to fully lift and is really a pretty stout piece. I plan on using a Lingenfelter switch that is tied into the VSS. It will also have a switch for manual override. Here is a video of it working.
      https://youtu.be/KCKkLgiAfoo
      That is SO cool!! Original ideas like this is really what makes a build stand out. You are going to have one truly unique ride when it's done!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com