Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 902

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by brawls43 View Post
      Based on the work you've done, I think shortening the harness is well within your skill range. It greatly helps to have the right tools. If you can find the part numbers for the plugs on the wires you want to shorten, you can find the manufacturers documents for how to de-pin and re-pin the connectors, and what de-pinning tool is made for the connector. Having the right tool and understanding each connectors process of locking, and unlocking pins, really helps avoid broken connectors. For some help feeling more comfortable with wiring harnesses, I recommend checking out the wiring classes by HP Academy. I had bought it years ago and it was disappointing, but they redid the classes with a new guy who explains things way better. I've done a good bit of wiring in my job as a test engineer, but I still found the class helpful and plan to take the practical wiring class as well. HP Academy also has classes on tuning with Haltech, so you might be able to find what you need there too. I have no experience with Haltech personally, just HP tuners for LS engines. If you have any wiring questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.
      I actually signed up for HP Academy a year ago and have 3 course available to me. I have a basic and most i sports wiring course as well as a CAN course. I will rewatch the first two in the next week. It will be a good refresher. Great idea though!






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com