Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Crown Point, Indiana
      Posts
      1,107
      Country Flag: United States

      wheel offset for 65 nova DSE clip

      Looking for some help wit my 65 nova wheel offset. I have a DSE clip and I am running Wilwood 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers. Just wondering what other people with the same setup are running.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GRNOVA View Post
      Looking for some help wit my 65 nova wheel offset. I have a DSE clip and I am running Wilwood 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers. Just wondering what other people with the same setup are running.
      Doesn't DSE know?

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Beach Park IL
      Posts
      3,047
      Country Flag: United States
      Tim they are pretty good about putting that in the instructions.....it should be in there.

      *edit*

      I looked it up the catalog says maximum is 18 x 9 with a 5" backspace running a 255/35-18. I am pretty sure this is what is on their chevy II.
      Donny

      Support your local hot rod shop!

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Crown Point, Indiana
      Posts
      1,107
      Country Flag: United States
      I looked it up and talked to the tech guy that is with the Baer brakes I was just wondering if there was a difference between the Wilwood's that I have!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Crown Point, Indiana
      Posts
      1,107
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok just found out that the offset posted is the same for all brake set ups!

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Beach Park IL
      Posts
      3,047
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool, i would have been really surprised if the difference in hat thickness was so great between manufacturers that it would require a different backspace.
      Donny

      Support your local hot rod shop!

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      Cool, i would have been really surprised if the difference in hat thickness was so great between manufacturers that it would require a different backspace.
      Right. As long as the wheels clear the calipers, the offset should not change (+- 1/16") with the use of a different brake package.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      AZ
      Posts
      67
      Country Flag: United States

      More info....

      Tim,

      Just a little more info for what its worth as I know you appreciate details. As you know I have a DSE clip on my 65' Nova and handle these brake setups daily as well.

      Your Wilwood "Hats" are approx .360" thick, and the Baer "Hats" are approx .300" thick........so technically your wheels do sit +.060" outward compared to Baer setup.......but if you want you can remove the gold anodized spacer that DSE includes (that goes between hub bearing unit and upright), and use the stock C5/6 abs shield that is thinner which will put you pretty much right on the mark with what DSE runs for a WMS.

      Jay




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com