Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 113
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States

      Project Bad eBay Purchase - 1972 Pro-Touring Corvette

      Long story short - eBay purchase on a whim, too excited to notice problems with car, start to fix "minor" problems with car, MASSIVE scope creep, car in parts but on the way!

      I've worked on cars but never built one before. Have always wanted to do so; no better time than now. All work that's been done was completed in a tiny one-car apartment garage in San Diego. I'm currently living in London for work until at least the summer, hopefully will have the car out of body/paint jail by the time I come back.

      The day it rolled off the trailer in August, 2010:




      When I was in denial and daily driving it in unsafe condition:




      A general concept of what I would like to end up with:

      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Short summation of ~ 1 years worth of off/on work.









      WHERE WE ARE TODAY:







      HIGHLIGHTS:
      TurnKey Engine Supply LS3
      Tremec TKO600 5spd

      VanSteel Coilovers front / rear
      VanSteel Tubular A-Arms
      VanSteel Offset Trailing Arms
      VanSteel Borgeson Power Steering Conversion



      Seam welded / PC'ed frame, etc.

      I haven't seen too many pro-touring Corvettes, but I'm damn sure excited to have mine done!

      BIG THANKS TO VAN STEEL. Couldn't have done ANY of this without their help.
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com


    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Vinland Kansas,66006
      Posts
      647
      Country Flag: United States
      Lookin pretty good so far.Keep up the great work.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
      Lookin pretty good so far.Keep up the great work.
      Thank you!
      I keep going back and forth on whether I'm going to flare the car or not... Difficult decisions!
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      Decisions, decisions... I can say this; if you end up with anything close to that black concept rendering, it will be one bad a$$ car and I'm not much of a Corvette dude! Demon-vette!
      Project High School Sweetheart
      65 Chevelle 300 2dr Sedan = "CURSD65"

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Elk River, MN
      Posts
      676
      Wow, I love what you've done so far, looks like very clean work. I don't think you can go wrong with the look of that black one.
      -matt

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      232
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice, keep at it. I've always loved that generation.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Santa Clara, CA
      Posts
      622
      Country Flag: United States
      How about "Project eBad?"
      Steve

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      2,178
      Country Flag: United States
      That will be a slick Tourvette when finished!

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice project, I have always loved the early stingrays.


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Jersey Shore
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Very jealous! Looking sweet so far
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      Flare it.
      Stephen

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Detroit
      Posts
      2,665
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      Flare it.
      x2... This is going to be a headturner when done. Keep up the good work.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

      Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Forgeline, Speedtech, ATS, Speartech, KORE3, Ridetech coilovers

      Project Motor City Madness

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great so far! I have a '72 454 vette in the shop right now (about to leave), and my own "1981 Z06 Vette" project is scattered around Hedman East and my home garage.
      Joe Hinds

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Brisbane Australia
      Posts
      410
      Country Flag: Australia
      Love the frame work, that link between the uca's is clever.

      That black car looks great in a it'd mug you in a dark alley kinda way
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      1,387
      Country Flag: United States
      i hope u make it ur dream dude..
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

      1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo


      Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

      Randal F

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      102
      Country Flag: United States
      Flair it x3... Love the blk vet idea.. big offset rims, flairs, side pipes, blk'd out... just can't go wrong with that!

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      53
      wow awesome build i rarely come across this particular gen pro tour vetts. Id go with a stinger functional hood they look rad

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      118
      Very cool car, mate! I love the 'Jake' on the side of it!
      Matt Barr.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I'm itching to get back to work on it but unfortunately for myself and the car I'm stuck on this side of the pond for 5-8 more months.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bird View Post
      Very cool car, mate! I love the 'Jake' on the side of it!
      Glad to see there's people out there not offended by rattlecanning on the sides of cars LOL. More people hate it than love it or just plain don't get it!

      Seems the flares are winning the vote?
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com